Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 26, 2014, 09:04 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birk View Post
Well that sums up my interest in the OR now...hopefully Sony or Microsoft can release something comprisable in the future...sort of surprised Valve didn't buy them up, as imagine having that as a selling point/feature for the steam box....
Old March 26, 2014, 10:43 AM
Top Prospect

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-game/comments

check out the comments on the kickstarter page, people are pissed favourite comment is "I hate Facebook. Now that Oculus is controlled by Facebook, I hate Oculus."
Old March 26, 2014, 10:49 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Wow now that is very scary I thought that is was bad just facebook the way it was now there is going to be privacy what so ever. people are so trusting and stupid when it comes to things like this .
To me Facebook is almost evil lol google is just below facebook in my books
Old March 26, 2014, 11:16 AM
MVP

If John Carmack is okay with this, I think we should be too. He's a smart, highly ethical guy who embodies the best values of the PC gaming community.
Old March 26, 2014, 11:35 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiato View Post
If John Carmack is okay with this, I think we should be too. He's a smart, highly ethical guy who embodies the best values of the PC gaming community.
Fact is... He sold out for $2 Billion Dollars. Greed Trumps Smarts.
Old March 26, 2014, 11:41 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birk View Post
Fact is... He sold out for $2 Billion Dollars. Greed Trumps Smarts.
That's not a fact. That's a kneejerk reaction. Tech news and discussion is now completely dominated by tabloid reporting and talk radio discussion. OMG WTF OMG WTF OMG WTF LOLOLOLOL FAIL. Argh. It's neogaf everywhere I go.
Old March 26, 2014, 11:55 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

My question is this: what is going to happen to all that money Oculus got through social campaigns like Kickstarter? Since those folks invested in the company, aren't they entitled to some returns or at least a refund?
Old March 26, 2014, 12:18 PM
F@H

My System Specs

All those Kickstarter people got their dev kits already. All that's left is a sense of entitlement from having funded them.
Old March 26, 2014, 12:20 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
My question is this: what is going to happen to all that money Oculus got through social campaigns like Kickstarter? Since those folks invested in the company, aren't they entitled to some returns or at least a refund?
Why would they? How are they in breach of contract? I'm not a huge Oculus fan, but my understanding is the Kickstarter was to fund the dev units. I believe the promised rewards were fulfilled. A consumer product was never going to hit the shelves without further investment.

I do not see any malice or deceit on the part of Oculus whatsoever. Just a mob angry because something it does not like happened.
Old March 26, 2014, 12:34 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiato View Post
That's not a fact. That's a kneejerk reaction. Tech news and discussion is now completely dominated by tabloid reporting and talk radio discussion. OMG WTF OMG WTF OMG WTF LOLOLOLOL FAIL. Argh. It's neogaf everywhere I go.

So if facebook had offered him $1m for his company he'd have taken it because facebook is 100% what Oculus needs to make it to market? If he didn't sell out because of the huge price tag and he is 100% only doing whats best then the answer should be Yes.