Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 4, 2014, 07:26 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masteroderus View Post
Can I archive this somehow to bring this up when bitcoin hits 1300 usd?

Wasn't the end of bitcoin from the last MTGOX crash? When it crashed from 300 to 150? Or what about the crash from 12 to 4?

Bitcoin cannot be stopped.

Calling bitcoin a pyramid scheme shows how little you know about it. It is so incredibly amazing and complex that I do not fault you.

Keiser Report: New Crypto Phenomenon Ethereum (E569) - YouTube

Max gives some good insight into bitcoin in this video. I would recommend watching it, and joining me in mining something that is superior to bitcoin, maxcoin.

Maxcoin is based on better encryption, SHA3. I think it's a winner.
And watch as Maxcoin breaks open, no encryption is secure it'll make a lot of people go away sure but the dedicated folks will break it easily. Besides without any financial security looking at it all owners of virtual currency are at risk.
Old March 4, 2014, 08:32 PM
MVP

My System Specs

So far I have mined dogecoin, litecoin and some others and converted to Bitcoin to sell, which I did easily. I have no dedicated mining rig and so far I have cash in the bank and a couple of new games to play from Dogecoin trades.
Old March 4, 2014, 09:29 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

One step closer to feasible amd MSRP lol. Itd be a cool review to write about start of Bit Coin how it started.Effect on world.and were it stands today.
Old March 5, 2014, 04:52 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Max Keiser lives in dreamland. He has predicted the fall of the US dollar every year for the last 5 years. I'd hardly put any faith in anything he does. Even Alex Jones won't touch him anymore, that's sad.
Old March 5, 2014, 07:03 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1lk1 View Post
Max Keiser lives in dreamland. He has predicted the fall of the US dollar every year for the last 5 years. I'd hardly put any faith in anything he does. Even Alex Jones won't touch him anymore, that's sad.
I wouldn't be too hard on Keiser and Jones. They have every reason to be skeptical when it comes to government and bankers.
Old March 5, 2014, 06:43 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Let me know when u break the encryption with your unicorn powered computer. I'll be at the bank. Laughing.
Old March 5, 2014, 07:58 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah. Cause you know, no body has shown increasing 'value' before the scheme collapsed. Promise, its never happened before. Ever.

But please, continue telling me how an increasing artificial value that bought you games on steam is a legitimate investment opportunity.

Also, please explain to me in laymans terms how your whatever-you-want-to-call-them-coins are worth money, when the next dude comes along and makes another coin. There is no backing behind any of these coins. Dont start comparing them to government/country backed currency.

If you believe that garbage, I'd be glad to create HWCcoin for you to mine for me, and I'll sell them to you real cheap. Promise. REAL cheap. I also have a bridge I'd love to sell you. Hell, I'll sell you it twice. Thrice even!

My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old March 5, 2014, 09:09 PM
MVP

My System Specs

quick jump on the hate bandwagon!
Old March 5, 2014, 09:23 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Look at how many countries around the world are actually banning the virtual currency as there is no way for it to be truly regulate, which all currencies are. There is also no physical representation of said currency, making it's value arbitrary and harder to 'prove' is yours.

People are aware that they need to declare this income they have made from mining on their income taxes, as this is a form of income, especially if you use the money earned from it to buy things with it. It just happens to have a lot better 'paper' trail online then say when people had a paper route when they were younger and only paid in cash.
Old March 6, 2014, 03:34 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Banning the currency? Not a single country has banned BTC.