Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 1, 2008, 07:46 AM
Allstar

Default EBay Makes Its Complaint Against Craigslist Public

There is a little more info out there today regarding that lawsuit eBay brought against Craigslist last week. Craigslist is allegedly diluting eBay's stake in the company unfairly. Obviously Craigslist denies that saying the problem is that they are no longer comfortable with having eBay as a shareholder.

Then, Craigslist founder Craig Newmark and Buckmaster "engaged in a series of clandestine transactions designed to ensure that eBay would not be able to elect a director, and to either impose new transfer restrictions on eBay or dilute its interests, and to dilute the interest of the employee holders of company stock options," the complaint says.

Comments

More...
Old May 1, 2008, 08:08 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

LOL I knew this would be trouble, given Craigslist intended direction and Ebay's exact opposite commercial direction.. I don't even know why they allowed Ebay to take over 25% in the first place!
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old May 1, 2008, 08:31 AM
Allstar

an ex-employee/partner decided to sell his shares to ebay for an undisclosed amount.
Gigabyte HD 6970 OC
Gigabyte Z68X-UDH3-B3
Seasonic 760W
Coolermaster Hyper 212+
CM690 w/ 1-80mm, 6-120mm fans.
Old May 1, 2008, 10:06 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Ahh, yikes!
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.