Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 1, 2008, 08:46 AM
Allstar

Default Blu-ray Numbers Too Low To Release

If you thought the death of HD DVD would help Blu-ray, you’d be wrong. Sales of stand alone players fell 40% at the beginning of the year, recovered 2% of that and has remained so low that NPD will not release actual numbers. Ouch.

In fact, sales of Blu-ray standalone players remain so low that NPD has not yet released actual numbers, for fear that it would be easy to identify individual retailers. The research group will start to give actual figures later this year, said Ross Rubin, director of industry analysis at NPD.

Comments

More...
Old May 5, 2008, 09:57 AM
Rookie

I think people are still recovering financially from the DVD-player craze. It wasn't too long ago that everyone was still using VHS. Now they want us to switch AGAIN? I think this is the collective response from the public that says "go suck on it". And to add insuly to injury, there is a revision of the Blu-Ray format in the works and it will be incompatable with current Blu-Ray players.