Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 30, 2008, 02:39 PM
Allstar

Default Rogers Bringing the iPhone to Canucks

In what could be the smallest press release ever, Rogers Wireless have announced that the iPhone will become available to Canadians later this year. Details are ultra-scarce at this point, but sometime during the fall sounds reasonable, or at the end of summer. Though the release is light on details, it sounds like the deals are made and it's just a matter of finalizing them and getting things in place.
Even if it launches in the summer, it will be a full year later than I ever expected it to launch. I admit, I originally thought it was going to launch right after the US model, but that's what happens when two companies can't just hold hands and get along.
Regardless, it's about time. I'm no huge cell phone nut, but having used the iPhone on a few occasions before, I'd have no problem picking one up. It helps that my current cell phone carrier (Bell / Aliant) offers the most lackluster phones available (no GSM with them), so the decision is made a wee bit easier.

TORONTO, April 29 /CNW/ - Ted Rogers, President and Chief Executive Officer of Rogers Communications Inc. today issued the following statement: We're thrilled to announce that we have a deal with Apple to bring the iPhone to Canada later this year. We can't tell you any more about it right now, but stay tuned.
Source: Rogers Press Release
</img> </img>

More...
Old May 2, 2008, 08:44 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

woo hooo i can hardly be excited yu can get the iphone for 400-500 now instead of the supposed 800-900 price tag they might bring it out with.

And p.s rogers phone warranty sucks !!!

And ohh people please look at your bill i keep gettin weird charges on my bill added on latest one was " Monthly Fee " which i called i got sum guy who was beatin around the bush and took like forever to answer and said we have refunded your account so look at your bills before you pay!!!
Old May 5, 2008, 08:51 AM
Rookie

Rogers is worse than Microsoft IMHO. I heard they wanted some exclusivity contract with Apple for the iPhone for 3 years or something, and Apple pretty much gave rogers the finger once they heard that...