Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 20, 2007, 09:32 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Microsoft's search excels in spreading malware: The Register

According to an article in the register (who shares the same cheif editor as the Inquirer ), MS's Live Search brings up results that are rampant with the worst kinds of malware, relative to Yahoo and Google- not that they're perfect, but it does explain why Microsoft has had to resort to actually PAYING businesses to use Live search. See this article from DailyTech on that subject.
Old March 21, 2007, 06:33 AM
Rookie

here's the problem with Microsoft's search...

Google offers a superior product with superior search results with more options. Why would someone switch if they are happy with the product they use?
Here's the only way I'd use Microsoft's Live Search... to find the link to Google.