Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

View Poll Results: What name would you choose to be the name of the new, weekly HWC tech show?
The Canucks Nuts 0 0%
Canuck Tech Crunch 3 5.77%
Dam Good Show 33 63.46%
HardwareCanucks: Tech Chat 1 1.92%
Beaver Time 6 11.54%
The TAP show (TechAccessPoint) 0 0%
The Log 2 3.85%
Critical Canucks 2 3.85%
The Dam 5 9.62%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 30, 2013, 09:20 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Really great guys! The time log is nice, but so is the overall format of your show. It's important to have these types of shows that work by watching it, or just by listening. I prefer to just listen to tek news while I play a game or two in the morning, before work or school.

One suggestion is that once you have your name settled, an intro with a sound clip would be nice.

I really like that about "the tek" by teksyndicate because it sets the stage for the show. Basically when I hear their theme song I know that it's the tek and it feels more professional. Like when you do your case review videos, the music makes my brain say "this will be good because i've heard this before on other great reviews".
Old October 30, 2013, 10:18 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masteroderus View Post
Really great guys! The time log is nice, but so is the overall format of your show. It's important to have these types of shows that work by watching it, or just by listening. I prefer to just listen to tek news while I play a game or two in the morning, before work or school.

One suggestion is that once you have your name settled, an intro with a sound clip would be nice.

I really like that about "the tek" by teksyndicate because it sets the stage for the show. Basically when I hear their theme song I know that it's the tek and it feels more professional. Like when you do your case review videos, the music makes my brain say "this will be good because i've heard this before on other great reviews".
I 10000% agree.
We're story-boarding some intro ideas.
I promise it'll be good!

My Rig: Motivation 2.0
----------------
Build log - Motivation: Sponsored by Galaxy and Corsair
---------------
Check out the HardwareCanucks Youtube Channel for News/Reviews and more!
Instagram Twitter
Old October 31, 2013, 06:14 AM
HWC YouTube Reviewer

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlef View Post
I 10000% agree.
We're story-boarding some intro ideas.
I promise it'll be good!
The intro ideas are really good! Im super excited to have something ready within the next couple of episodes so we can deliver to that "professional" show start :D
Old October 31, 2013, 12:19 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by great_big_abyss View Post
Beavertime may attract the wrong audience, but I'm voting for it anyway, because it's awesome!
Totally agree! If not taken, I steal it!
HTPC Build: Final Video
Old November 6, 2013, 05:58 PM
Rookie

i think it's great canada has some good tech shows coming out.
one gripe i have is that i could barely understand linus in the video.
you should of edited the video by giving a direct sound capture from the laptop audio stream.
even subtitles would have been good. i tried using the CC option in youtube and i almost laughed my ass off at some of the guesses the built in software used for words.

also for a new name for the show. how is HC:"Pending Tech" i mean what your covering is always
fresh and new and still pending most of the time right? drop the "news" and "show" off the title and set the standard for us canucks online. it's bold and it makes a statement. and HC is to me over the years considered a brand now.

EDIT:
nevermind just saw episode 3. you picked a name.

Last edited by infamouskid; November 6, 2013 at 06:17 PM.