Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

View Poll Results: What name would you choose to be the name of the new, weekly HWC tech show?
The Canucks Nuts 0 0%
Canuck Tech Crunch 3 5.77%
Dam Good Show 33 63.46%
HardwareCanucks: Tech Chat 1 1.92%
Beaver Time 6 11.54%
The TAP show (TechAccessPoint) 0 0%
The Log 2 3.85%
Critical Canucks 2 3.85%
The Dam 5 9.62%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 28, 2013, 10:15 AM
HWC YouTube Reviewer

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
I happen to like "The Never-To-Be-Named Tech Show". It's totally never been used!
I actually like it! :D Keep the anticipation...
Old October 28, 2013, 04:46 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

lol the 'dam good show' seems to be running away with the vote! lol

My Rig: Motivation 2.0
----------------
Build log - Motivation: Sponsored by Galaxy and Corsair
---------------
Check out the HardwareCanucks Youtube Channel for News/Reviews and more!
Instagram Twitter
Old October 28, 2013, 05:34 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Made my vote for Critical Canucks because I thought it was the best of the ones with an obviously Canadian title.

That said, I think the runaway of "The Dam Good Show" is my second pick, and likely the one I would go for if trying to appeal to a multinational audience (still has that small Canadian kick...one many people may not get, but its catchy).
Old October 28, 2013, 05:37 PM

My System Specs

Shucks, I was in favour of Beaver Time.

I laughed so hard it hurt my stomach when I read that the first time.
Old October 28, 2013, 06:05 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

A couple comment for your consideration as well (being completely honest in hopes something may help the show do even better).

1. You have to make a catchy 10 second intro for the show to further push the show branding (once a name is finalized).

2. For me I would prefer shorter shows that are a bit more specific in topic...8-15min ish. I know it may not be what you are after with it, but this is my thoughts on it. In all honest I get bored quite quickly (with many everything), and find myself jumping though the video to find what I want, whereas if it were a bit more concise I would likely watch the whole thing.

3. I think all future video reviews (for now the case reviews) should carry the same name and intro video as this show (maybe modify it slightly...ex: "The Dam Good Show: Video Review"). I feel it would further link the two and make a better link with "Dam good" awards etc.

Awesome job guys. Keep it up.
Old October 28, 2013, 07:25 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
A couple comment for your consideration as well (being completely honest in hopes something may help the show do even better).

1. You have to make a catchy 10 second intro for the show to further push the show branding (once a name is finalized).

2. For me I would prefer shorter shows that are a bit more specific in topic...8-15min ish. I know it may not be what you are after with it, but this is my thoughts on it. In all honest I get bored quite quickly (with many everything), and find myself jumping though the video to find what I want, whereas if it were a bit more concise I would likely watch the whole thing.

3. I think all future video reviews (for now the case reviews) should carry the same name and intro video as this show (maybe modify it slightly...ex: "The Dam Good Show: Video Review"). I feel it would further link the two and make a better link with "Dam good" awards etc.

Awesome job guys. Keep it up.
I think the last point is interesting but the show really is its own entity within the HWC channel. :)
Old October 28, 2013, 07:44 PM
MVP

My System Specs

definitely liked this episode.
for those with no attention span I wouldn't change, you'll just end up rushing through things and losing the charisma.

keep up the DamGood work guys.
Old October 29, 2013, 05:45 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

For those with no attention span, there's a time log with topics in the description of all these videos. ;)
Old October 29, 2013, 06:28 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Haha. I have an attention span, but most of the time it gets it interrupted by my kids. But I do get bored of some things realatively quickly...the show was not one of them. I think I may have written my last post in a way that makes me come across as having ADD. Meh...could be worse. Lol.
Old October 30, 2013, 04:46 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Hey guys,

Any feedback? Anything you would like to see done differently, or?
We love your feedback!!!

My Rig: Motivation 2.0
----------------
Build log - Motivation: Sponsored by Galaxy and Corsair
---------------
Check out the HardwareCanucks Youtube Channel for News/Reviews and more!
Instagram Twitter