Old September 21, 2013, 03:43 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I know someone who wants a blackberry.
Old September 21, 2013, 03:50 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

And shitty phones. It was full time job keeping 6 of those working. Each department head had one and they were a nightmare for me. After a year and a half of never ending issues I told Telus to shove these up their asses, got Galaxy S2's connected them to our exchange server and they have been working flawlessly ever since.
Old September 21, 2013, 04:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeetard View Post
And shitty phones. It was full time job keeping 6 of those working. Each department head had one and they were a nightmare for me. After a year and a half of never ending issues I told Telus to shove these up their asses, got Galaxy S2's connected them to our exchange server and they have been working flawlessly ever since.
In the very early days of Android I liked my Blackberry because I could watch a few movies on flights and not have to carry 2-3 spare batteries.

These days they are so out of touch with reality I have to wonder if real people work there.
Old September 21, 2013, 04:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacJunky View Post
I know someone who wants a blackberry.
Encino Man - Wheez the Juice - YouTube

Did they wake the Encino Man again?

I kid, I kid
Old September 21, 2013, 04:43 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Got a bunch of new Blackberries at work this month. Folks still love em, but the company needs to get rid of their handset business to survive.
Fold for team #54196
Old September 21, 2013, 04:45 PM
Allstar

They could pull a Kodak and sell off a lot of their patents and become a smaller company. Blackberry had wasted the critical years on hardware that couldn't compete while letting their strength in software and infrastructure stagnate. Just look at how bad their tablet was, no email function on release date?! If people think they're not defeated yet, you got to be kidding yourself. This company was dying slowly like some poor guy working at a Russian nuclear plant. Their leaders have shown poor judgement and their replacement wasn't someone new but someone they groomed to more or less continue down the same track.

Last edited by moocow; September 21, 2013 at 04:47 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old September 21, 2013, 05:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeetard View Post
I see I am not alone with BES setup hells.

Our last VP threw out his BB Q10 last week for a S4 and not one complaint and a huge thank you.

BB sorry to see you fall so far

If you need me the link above is where I spend my days now
Old September 21, 2013, 06:44 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by The RealRollo View Post
In the very early days of Android I liked my Blackberry because I could watch a few movies on flights and not have to carry 2-3 spare batteries.

These days they are so out of touch with reality I have to wonder if real people work there.
I am sporting a BB and an android right now... admittedly if I want toys I need a droid. I am looking for a decent way to hook the android up to my exchange... This is where the BB seems to just distroy android. Out of the box the BB just worked(no BES, just active sync to exchange), the android default apps don't do multi calendars, tasks, or contacts worth beans. Started to look around at the 3rd party apps and my head hurts with the crap out there. What are you using for your exchange setup?

As a toy the android seems great, no complaints. But if this was my primary work phone I would have chucked it at a wall by now.
Old September 21, 2013, 07:03 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

They should pack up and set up shop on the Arabian Peninsula somewhere. Apparently they love their Blackberrys over there.
Old September 22, 2013, 07:02 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

It's funny, they are down, but I know of a few local companies including our health authority that just gave their executive employees all new blackberry q10's. I've been talking to people who seem to love them. Mind you, they are upgrading from a previous BlackBerry model, so the BB10 OS is an improvement for them.