Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 19, 2013, 08:12 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Default Federal Government strikes back at Fair for Canada

Consumers First | Consumers First

You know if they'd want to push more competitive pricing too they force the big three to lower their stranglehold pricing too.
Old August 19, 2013, 08:22 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'm not pro-Harper on any subject... but the BS scare tactic advertising that's been shoved down our throats by the big 3 is really getting old. Especially since they're the ones that control the media that it's broadcasted on and can very easily block competitive announcements.

All in all, I'm glad that at least another point is being made somehow.
Old August 19, 2013, 08:52 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

*Disclaimer* I am pro Harper so I might be completely biased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
You know if they'd want to push more competitive pricing too they force the big three to lower their stranglehold pricing too.
You have to remember who's funding Harper's next campaign - the fact that he's done a decent amount for the average Canadian consumer is laudable in my book. I think giving foreign companies like Verizon easy access to the Canadian market is a huge step forward, otherwise the Big 3 wouldn't have come together and made a website to b*tch and moan about it.

To me this fits into Harper's style perfectly. Like with the Senate - in 2004-2005 Harper very actively tried to have the Senate dissolved or changed to an elected council. He failed. Since 2006 he has personally appointed 59 (thats almost as much as Chretien in a fraction of the time) Conservative Senate members. A large number of these members have been exposed in expense scandals and whatnot. So to me, he is very quietly forcing Canada to change a broken part of the political system or achieve complete control of the government if he fails. (which would essentially grant him the power to fix things)
Old August 19, 2013, 09:37 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I am decidedly anti-harper on most agendas, but this, I agree with, and am supporting.

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old August 19, 2013, 12:23 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Would be nice if the gov't went out and fought for the customer for our gas prices as there's more collusion there than any other industry in Canada.
Old August 19, 2013, 01:02 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
Would be nice if the gov't went out and fought for the customer for our gas prices as there's more collusion there than any other industry in Canada.
Then people would see that thirty one percent of the price they pay in gas goes towards the government itself. Mind you it HAS gone down in from the past decade of nearly 50%.
Old August 19, 2013, 05:28 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
Then people would see that thirty one percent of the price they pay in gas goes towards the government itself. Mind you it HAS gone down in from the past decade of nearly 50%.
Makes it clear why Harper is against the big 3 here then, they're not lining government pockets like the gas companies.
Old August 19, 2013, 06:16 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Not the greatest site, but it's a start.

Have you guys seen Rogers/Bell/Telus plans? Who in the right mind is going to pay upwards of $100/month for a single line? That is just insane.

Guess the big 3 wasted too much money on the CRTC to be able to pay off the government anymore
Old August 19, 2013, 06:29 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

It's about time they do something about this crap. I keep turning off the radio when their ad comes on while driving. And I'm glad my wife agrees with competition she went as far to tell me that I should open a website to educate the masses on this issue and I'm glad the government beat me to it. I am not a Harper fan but I applaud his government for this move. Next one, should be elected senators and telling Canadian companies to stop outsourcing their workforce from developing countries.
Old August 31, 2013, 02:41 PM
Rookie

Yah we're way overdue for a more competitive marketplace