Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 13, 2013, 01:00 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default New SLI Bridges at EVGA.

Gotta have one of these. For Titan and 700 series cards. EVGA | Products | EVGA Pro SLI Bridge (2-Way) | 100-2W-0021-LR
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old August 13, 2013, 02:15 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

What a waste of money, quite frankly.
Old August 13, 2013, 03:50 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaflyx3 View Post
What a waste of money, quite frankly.
Why would you say this is a waste of money? The majority of PC builders that I know,take pride in how the interior of their case looks. That's the main reason for buying a case with a window on the side. The lighting people buy for their case serves no real purpose other than a neat effect,but almost all of them have lights of some sort. This SLI bridge gives a neat effect AND serves a purpose. My new build includes the Carbide Air 540 with a huge window on the side panel,and I intend on taking full advantage of that window for the sole purpose of looking real neat. That's what it's all about,isn't it? My opinion only.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old August 13, 2013, 05:08 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Because you're going to be spending $40+ for an SLI bridge, that's pointless when a black one works and looks just as good.
Old August 13, 2013, 06:22 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaflyx3 View Post
Because you're going to be spending $40+ for an SLI bridge, that's pointless when a black one works and looks just as good.
I'd have to agree on you with that, and some of the time you don't need the bridge anymore either. Still there are those who want a certain look inside of their computer and he's always been the time to want the biggest and the best looking computer.
Old August 13, 2013, 06:58 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Although its not worth the $40....I have to admit I like to look of it, and if I was already ordering other stuff from them, I'd probably get one too. But I'm a sucker for these things lol.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old August 13, 2013, 08:21 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

I agree that it's overpriced for what it does.
But that's how the world and the consumer economy works (its survival is proof!).

It reminds me of elementary school when I'd beg my mom for shiny pencils or a FIVE STAR zipper up binder. A no name brand just wouldn't do! (I feel bad about it now hahaha)

On this note, I'd love to see some black + white and black+red (ROG colour theme sup) ones.
Old August 13, 2013, 09:09 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Be nice to see some without branding and just LED lighting. Or controllable RGB LED stuff for a custom colour to match your case.

At the end of the day I would rather paint a normal one and call it done.
Old August 13, 2013, 09:42 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It's a nice idea, hopefully will inspire some competition for alternative ones at a better price.
Old August 13, 2013, 09:48 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacJunky View Post
Be nice to see some without branding and just LED lighting.
This. As it stands I wouldn't ever use it.

Last edited by lowfat; August 13, 2013 at 02:32 PM.