Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 13, 2013, 09:47 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

I consider the market for them, ppl who are SLIing are spending 1000-2000 or more on vid cards, 40$ on a blingy brand item would be nothing really
Old August 14, 2013, 05:40 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

The new bridges are designed primarily for the 700 and Titan series video cards. If any of us can afford 2 700 or 2 Titan cards,the cost of the bridge is chicken shit.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old August 14, 2013, 06:05 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

This is a good idea (hate those ribbon bastard bridges)....but at this price....nope. If they had removed the logo sure....why not...OR only charged 15 bucks....sure. BUT to do both (advertise AND overcharge)...thats just wrong. Hope others do it...and do it right.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old August 14, 2013, 06:27 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Haters gonna hate. Players gonna spend 3k on evga products and "splurge" the 40 bucks on the sli bling bridge.

And as to the advertisements, I don't know about you but my computer isn't sitting up 40 feet on some billboard with its case door open. Nor is it on the side of a busy highway, or on a bus somewhere.
Old August 14, 2013, 09:06 AM
Hall Of Fame

^ so then why even care about the bridge at all, in that case? lol. A cheap flimsy one will do the job just fine.
Old August 14, 2013, 09:10 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I do not know about you masteroderus, but my PC is sitting on my desk a couple feet away from my face and I see it every day. It is even more apparent than a billboard. I do not want tons of stickers and badges in my face.
Also, if you have no window or your PC is under your desk then why are you wasting money on a fancy SLI bridge when all the others are functionally equal?
Old August 14, 2013, 11:33 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

My bad guys, I thought we were playing sarcasta-ball
Old August 14, 2013, 11:51 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
This is a good idea (hate those ribbon bastard bridges)....but at this price....nope. If they had removed the logo sure....why not...OR only charged 15 bucks....sure. BUT to do both (advertise AND overcharge)...thats just wrong. Hope others do it...and do it right.
This basically how I feel. I like the idea of more ways to customize a PC. Although I wouldn't buy one of these, that doesn't make it a bad idea. However, I also agree that plastering a giant logo on it is a bad idea when you're already overcharging. Pick one or the other. Another person mentioned including them with higher end cards, which I also think is a good idea.

At the end of the day, I'd like to see some variety in the design of this product before I got really interested. That design will fit only a very specific SLI setup, and plastering an EVGA logo on it narrows that market even further.

As a side note, it'll be interesting to see how a 'hard' molded sli cable stands up compatibility-wise across the gamut of motherboards available. One of the reasons that sli cabling is flexible is to accomodate slightly different spacing between PCIe slots on different boards. Not to mention cards that are double spaced apart. (ie. using PCIe1 and PCIe3 slots)
Old August 14, 2013, 06:19 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

This whole advertisement argument is completely ridiculous. No one ever had a problem with it or mentioned it in the past.....

SHAME ON THEM ALL! for advertising their brand on their products. Do you guys not wear any clothing with the manufacturer name/logo on it either? Do you all remove the badges from your cars as well?
Old August 14, 2013, 06:21 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Whoever wants one can buy one. I don't see the reason not to if you like it. I am adding a window to my case so I'd probably buy one when I go SLI to complete the EVGA experience