Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 11, 2013, 02:20 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
NCIX expect shipments in like 2 weeks. I'd just order from them. They are the only seller of Swiftech in Canada AFAIK.
Thanks lowfat. Now I don't know what to do. I have a sister in Toronto who can pick up the Antec 920 for me,or wait for the Swiftech. Which one should I get? I'm looking for "quiet" cooling and I'm not sure which is the better of those two. I have an Antec 920 right now and it's pretty damn quiet,but I've read that the Swiftech is even MORE quiet. Which one? Thanks.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old August 11, 2013, 02:36 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Do you care that Asetek have effectively ripped apart the market for Swiftech in the States? Doesn't factor into your decibel rating? Which one? Hmmm...

I'll give you a hint, buy the Swiftech
Old August 11, 2013, 03:29 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRQ Conflict View Post
Do you care that Asetek have effectively ripped apart the market for Swiftech in the States? Doesn't factor into your decibel rating? Which one? Hmmm...

I'll give you a hint, buy the Swiftech
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masteroderus View Post
This is the best AIO cooler on the market. This is what patent trolling does (thanks apple!).

You cannot patent the idea of an AIO liquid cooler. You can only patent a specific implementation of the idea of all in one liquid cooling, at least in sane (sane - er ) countries like Canada.
Quote:
Swiftech® sincerely apologizes to its US customers for this extraordinary situation, the very first in its long history. For the past 15 years, Swiftech® has been at the forefront of technological innovation in this industry, and it will continue to do so. In the words of Gabriel Rouchon, the company’s Chairman and CTA: “I want our customers to know and expect with absolute confidence that Swiftech’s resourcefulness will once again be brilliantly demonstrated in the immediate future”.
yeah ok gabe for your the cut/paste master of the present
Old August 11, 2013, 05:35 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slik View Post
I found the Antec 920 at Canada Computers but it's for purchase "in store" only. Checked all other Canadian stores for the Swiftech,but no go. Out of stock everwhere. Anyone here know what Antec has as a replacement for the 920? Anyone know where to get the Swiftech in Canada?
Yah check this out. Antec is getting away from Asetek and has their own design now. The "Cooler" line:
When I saw this I wished I did not buy the 920 a couple of months back.

Last edited by EmptyMellon; August 11, 2013 at 08:15 PM. Reason: sp saw - was: say
Old August 11, 2013, 06:06 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

After watching that video,I think I'll wait for the new Antec release.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old August 11, 2013, 06:24 PM

My System Specs

I'd take Swiftech any day of the week. Twice the radiator size and definitely a better block and pump.

Although that Antec is a very unique.
Old August 19, 2013, 05:14 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Gonna be headding home in a few weeks and wondering whats the best out there... cool quiet and RELIABLE is what I'm after....
I do tend to sway towards the Corsair stuff cos of their 5 yr warranty (should cover the life of my new build) but am open to suggestions. The new Antecs do look good though. :)

AKG: "So please don't piss on people and claim its raining. "
Soullessone21: "Their the only fat bitches I ever want in my wife :)"
Old August 28, 2013, 04:18 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Any ETA on the new Antec ones (x50 or xx50) lines?

AKG: "So please don't piss on people and claim its raining. "
Soullessone21: "Their the only fat bitches I ever want in my wife :)"
Old August 28, 2013, 07:50 AM
Allstar

Why not look into Swiftech's CPU block with integrated pump and a radiator with reservoir or even one of their reservoir with pump and reservoir build in? I heard people with Corsair AIO units leaked and fried all their stuff in the process. Why not go with Swiftech and use a non-conductive fluid?
Old August 28, 2013, 09:13 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I decided to stay with my Antec H20 920. Swiftech is not available anywhere,and there is no info on the release of the new Antec coolers. When it comes right down to it,I have no real reason to change my cooler. The 920 I have now is as quiet as anything anywhere,and keeps my CPU as cool as it is.