Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Press Releases & Tech News (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/press-releases-tech-news/)
-   -   Phanteks releases their first case: The Enthoo Primo (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/press-releases-tech-news/61539-phanteks-releases-their-first-case-enthoo-primo.html)

Jappetto June 4, 2013 11:17 PM

Phanteks releases their first case: The Enthoo Primo

Phanteks Enthoo Primo Case Pictured | techPowerUp

This case looks absolutely amazing. I'm bloody impressed by the innovation that went it's design. The number/variety of rads you can fit inside this case is absolutely mind boggling. I'd highly consider replacing my Cosmos II for this case, if it wasn't for the fact that i'd go flat broke trying afford it, not to mention all the watercooling gear that I'd need...

Dzzope June 5, 2013 03:22 AM

That does look pretty awesome but I have 1 big question... what bloody PSU is going to fit in that "thermally isolated" part? Gotta be a server psu,
I can't see a standard one fitting unless that case is mammoth so it's looks stay in proportion..

GalaxyTech June 5, 2013 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dzzope (Post 713337)
That does look pretty awesome but I have 1 big question... what bloody PSU is going to fit in that "thermally isolated" part? Gotta be a server psu,
I can't see a standard one fitting unless that case is mammoth so it's looks stay in proportion..

I think the way they did the cut away made the PSU compartment look smaller than it is. There's probably another 100mm of length there they didn't show. Pretty sure my Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 1300W would fit in that case.

Jappetto June 5, 2013 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GalaxyTech (Post 713347)
I think the way they did the cut away made the PSU compartment look smaller than it is. There's probably another 100mm of length there they didn't show. Pretty sure my Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 1300W would fit in that case.

Yes this case is mammoth. I'm fairly certain it'll fit the larger size psu's in the psu bays. For being able to add 480 rads on top and bottom in a push pull configuration, this isn't gonna be your regular sized full touwer

Here's another video that shows an up close and personal look at the Enthoo:

Phanteks Enthoo Primo: Ultimate Chassis Preview - YouTube

hero1 June 5, 2013 09:55 AM

I have been looking at this case and it has me wanting. I would definitely buy it but I think the Nanoxia Deep Silence 6 is what I want. Either way, I'd take one or the other if they were to be released up here in a month.

SKYMTL June 5, 2013 10:43 AM

Awesome looking case. Unfortunate name.

hero1 June 5, 2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKYMTL (Post 713388)
Awesome looking case. Unfortunate name.

Let's hope they change the name prior to releasing it.

Dzzope June 8, 2013 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jappetto (Post 713350)

Yea, it's MUCH bigger than it originally looked. Very very interesting case indeed. Wondering about pricing now though I think it's well beyond my budget / needs.

sswilson June 8, 2013 06:15 AM

Damn!!!!! That looks like a fairly thick 240 rad in push/pull...... and that's just the quick install......

I'm probably going to be in the market for a case later this year and this might be it..... ;)

edit: Double Damn!!!!!! Just had a look at the first vid... more rad placement possibilities than I ever could have hoped for. :)

tangrisser June 8, 2013 05:05 PM

I can't help but feel ATX standard is too big. I used to be very excited about large cases to accommodate my ridiculous systems but now all I want is mATX and mITX chassis.