Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 6, 2012, 06:25 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default Facebook Pulls Instagram Embedding From Twitter

In a move that will increase short-term revenue but perhaps open the door to competitors, Facebook has decided to limit display of Instagram images in Twitter feeds.

Users will now have to click through to the Instagram website to view images. The previous system, called Twitter Cards, allowed content from certain photo and video services to be displayed within the Twitter website itself. Prior to this, Instagram was the social media site’s most-linked photo service.

Read more here: Facebook pulls Instagram embedding from Twitter | Hardware Canucks
Old December 6, 2012, 10:47 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I'm so glad I have absolutely no idea what Instagram or Twitter Cards are.
Old December 6, 2012, 11:08 AM
Top Prospect

Instagram is this magical horse that will instantly deliver your photos, soul, and small children to people all over the world.

Twitter Cards are pictures of famour birds, including stats, batting averages, and buckshot kill requirements that are printed on small cards that are perfect for trading with all your friends.

I almost have a complete collection now.
Old December 6, 2012, 11:38 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

the only time i have ever typed ''twitter'' into an address bar was to get an invite to the HP cloud beta. Other than that I have never used it and don't understand how to use it.
Old December 6, 2012, 11:52 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Twitter has all you need to know about their users right in the name... Twit(ter).

Old December 6, 2012, 12:35 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

So... I can't view Instagram photos on Twitter anymore? Man... >.>
Old December 6, 2012, 07:34 PM
Hall Of Fame

Not without logging into a twitter account. Less reason to use the stupid service. Don't bang on Twitter though, it can be pretty powerful.