Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 21, 2012, 11:21 AM
MVP

Two very big elements in AMD's struggles are tablets, and, to a lesser degree, smartphones which have taken a huge bite out of the netbook, notebook and lowend PC sales--markets where AMD are competitive and where APU products were intended to sell well.

AMD's recovery depends a lot on the success of Windows 8 based tablet hybrids.
Old October 21, 2012, 04:05 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrybear View Post
thats kinda a big accusation to throw out there ....
Well he can't really prove intel is guilty of backdoor financing he is right, if AMD goes down Nvidia and Intel could be looking at some anti-trust lawsuits.
Old October 21, 2012, 04:36 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

I wouldnt go as far as 'backdoor financing' but much like MS not that long ago kept Apple afloat, Intel has a vested interest in keeping AMD around.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old October 21, 2012, 05:32 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

yup without amd those 1200 intel chips only cost 900 and so on and on
Old October 21, 2012, 08:11 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I am so very sick and tired of people feeling bad for AMD. I just don't get it, they are in a position they are in, because of AMD, not because of anyone else. They have continued to make bad decisions as a company and they should pay for it.

I really hope they go bankrupt and some other company gets their assets and takes their technology and puts it in a better use.

I hate using AMD video cards since they took over from ATI, because lack of driver support, for newer games etc. That just doesn't cut it for a consumer.

Hopefully some other companies can buy them out cheap and put them out of their misery. They just continue to promise lots and deliver nothing and I really feel bad for some people, that are die hard AMD fans. As the only people that are buying AMD desktop procs are those that are either die hard fans and or looking for something super cheap.
Old October 21, 2012, 08:27 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your_friendly_gamer View Post
I am so very sick and tired of people feeling bad for AMD. I just don't get it, they are in a position they are in, because of AMD, not because of anyone else. They have continued to make bad decisions as a company and they should pay for it.

I really hope they go bankrupt and some other company gets their assets and takes their technology and puts it in a better use.

I hate using AMD video cards since they took over from ATI, because lack of driver support, for newer games etc. That just doesn't cut it for a consumer.

Hopefully some other companies can buy them out cheap and put them out of their misery. They just continue to promise lots and deliver nothing and I really feel bad for some people, that are die hard AMD fans. As the only people that are buying AMD desktop procs are those that are either die hard fans and or looking for something super cheap.
I don't think you fully realize what the fall of AMD would bring, people don't feel bad for AMD, they feel bad for what will happen to themselves if AMD were to fail.
Old October 21, 2012, 08:31 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your_friendly_gamer View Post
I am so very sick and tired of people feeling bad for AMD. ......... As the only people that are buying AMD desktop procs are those that are either die hard fans and or looking for something super cheap.
I feel sick too about peoples bashing AMD, I like as much my AMD CPU than my Intel one, and I'm not cheap
I pay over $ 200 for my Crosshair V and over $ 200 for my FX-8150 and I'm not fanboy as I have 6 AMD builds vs 10 Intel, a iMac and a Dell and macbook air as laptop.

Last edited by botat29; October 21, 2012 at 10:17 PM.