Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 3, 2012, 08:02 AM
Manufacturer Rep

Default [NZXT] Phantom Evolved

NZXT Phantom, Evolved.

NZXT is releasing the successor to the Phantom Line this month. The countdown page has some easter eggs, and the image periodically updates to reveal more of the new Phantom.

while I can't release any details until the NDA is lifted, I will say that it was built from the ground up, and is much more advanced than its predecessor.
Old October 3, 2012, 08:19 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Please answer only one question if you can (okay maybe two).

Side Window?

And

If you are using 200mm fans, please tell me they aren't the special only buy from NZXT ones?

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old October 3, 2012, 03:51 PM
Manufacturer Rep

I can't answer any questions about the chassis itself.

About those 200mm fans. They were designed before any industry standard was around. Now that there's a more standard mounting system for 200mm, any future fans or cases that support said fans will accommodate other MFG 200mm fans as well. We like to learn from our mistakes, and not repeat them :)
Old October 3, 2012, 07:20 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by XNine View Post
I can't answer any questions about the chassis itself.

About those 200mm fans. They were designed before any industry standard was around. Now that there's a more standard mounting system for 200mm, any future fans or cases that support said fans will accommodate other MFG 200mm fans as well. We like to learn from our mistakes, and not repeat them :)

For that Sir, I will gladly buy you a Pint if you're ever up in Canuck Land.

Maybe you'll release it this month on my Birthday, that way I can add it to the list for the wife :)

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

Old October 3, 2012, 07:52 PM
Top Prospect

As the successor to the Phantom it's sure to be well received, I was just contemplating buying one last night but think I'll hold off now until this is released. Naturally I'm hoping that there is a white version with a lack of all the LED's.
Old October 5, 2012, 08:56 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Phantom 820 Full Tower (combination Switch 810 meets Phantom)?
Old October 9, 2012, 09:01 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Heh, looks like the colour changes on the LED and interior by the appearance of page now.
Interesting,

-ST

Old October 10, 2012, 06:37 AM
Manufacturer Rep

Indeed. Unfortunately, because I'm under NDA, I can't say much about the Chassis, only what you see is what you get. Personally, from someone who's bought over 20 cases in the last 5 years (i think 23), I think is is a fantastic successor to an already good case. The modding community helped shape this beast with all of it's feedback.
Old October 10, 2012, 06:50 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by XNine View Post
Indeed. Unfortunately, because I'm under NDA, I can't say much about the Chassis, only what you see is what you get. Personally, from someone who's bought over 20 cases in the last 5 years (i think 23), I think is is a fantastic successor to an already good case. The modding community helped shape this beast with all of it's feedback.
No worries, I've been under enough NDA's to know.

Cool to see these little features, hopefully price will be reasonable. Though somehow I see this being released late Oct...so I might have to save for a bit to grab it.

-ST

Old October 13, 2012, 09:59 AM
Fallen Folder
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryceBooth View Post
As the successor to the Phantom it's sure to be well received, I was just contemplating buying one last night but think I'll hold off now until this is released. Naturally I'm hoping that there is a white version with a lack of all the LED's.
The original Phantom in white with true green LED's would have looked kick ass IMHO. I offered to do that to someones case after they commented on my white LED conversion on my red case, but they didn't bite.

Tags
nzxt , phantom