Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Press Releases & Tech News (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/press-releases-tech-news/)
-   -   Enermax enters sealed loop cpu cooler business (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/press-releases-tech-news/56874-enermax-enters-sealed-loop-cpu-cooler-business.html)

terrybear September 23, 2012 03:41 AM

Enermax enters sealed loop cpu cooler business

"ENERMAX reveals a revolutionary all-in one, closed-loop liquid cooling solution - ELC series. With the innovative patented QSC cold plate technology, ENERMAX is ready to make a milestone and wow liquid cooling aficionados by the new products’ extremely powerful performance. This also brings liquid cooling industry to a whole new level."

Press release here:
ENERMAX -Press Releases

Pabz0r545 September 23, 2012 07:37 AM

Looks like a re branded Asetek unit?

enaberif September 23, 2012 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pabz0r545 (Post 657410)
Looks like a re branded Asetek unit?

Asetek is a OEM provider for these units so it really wouldn't surprise me.

chrisk September 23, 2012 08:47 AM

Does Asetek use the same plate that Enermax makes a fuss about in the marketing materials?

Soultribunal September 23, 2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisk (Post 657418)
Does Asetek use the same plate that Enermax makes a fuss about in the marketing materials?

I wouldn't doubt it, Enermax does like to engineer their own stuff but even they have outsourced some of there PSU units, so why not just add a marketing term to something that is already existing.

Sealed AIO is where the market is headed it seems.
Now to get AIO's for my GPU's and I'd be happy. Its a shame the Omni never went mainstream.

-ST

terrybear September 23, 2012 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soultribunal (Post 657477)
I wouldn't doubt it, Enermax does like to engineer their own stuff but even they have outsourced some of there PSU units, so why not just add a marketing term to something that is already existing.

Sealed AIO is where the market is headed it seems.
Now to get AIO's for my GPU's and I'd be happy. Its a shame the Omni never went mainstream.

-ST

Yes seems all the 240 based rads are all in the same price range of each other too .... $119 ish .... Only thing is isnt antec 1 yr, coolit 1 yr, corsair 2 yr ? And these new enermax's are now claiming a 5 yr warrenty on there units .. 5 yrs sounds good :thumb: & a lil unbelieveable. :shok:

Soultribunal September 23, 2012 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terrybear (Post 657480)
Yes seems all the 240 based rads are all in the same price range of each other too .... $119 ish .... Only thing is isnt antec 1 yr, coolit 1 yr, corsair 2 yr ? And these new enermax's are now claiming a 5 yr warrenty on there units .. 5 yrs sounds good :thumb: & a lil unbelieveable. :shok:

Sure why not, 5 years, given the type of tubing and parts available now means they have proven that its MTBF is beyond that scope to be sound.
That being said, I still would prefer Corsair given there warranty coverage of things destroyed by a failing cooler.

-ST

terrybear September 23, 2012 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soultribunal (Post 657511)
Sure why not, 5 years, given the type of tubing and parts available now means they have proven that its MTBF is beyond that scope to be sound.
That being said, I still would prefer Corsair given there warranty coverage of things destroyed by a failing cooler.

-ST

Yes what im curious about is what the 5 yr warrenty would entail coverage like corsairs then & would like to know that & see how it reviews as well.

Otherwise I hope this starts also pushing down some of the prices especialy on the dual rad models more. :thumb:

Chilly September 24, 2012 12:55 AM

Another OEM rebadge with nothing special to bring to the table... Woohoo? :blarg: