Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 18, 2012, 06:32 AM
Allstar

Thumbs up Move over Apple and Samsung, Motorolla comeback...very sweet

Motorola introduces Razr I smartphone with Intel chip - Telegraph

Quote:
Motorola introduces Razr I smartphone with Intel chip
Motorola, Google's new smartphone manufacturing arm, has introduced the Razr I, the first major European handset to feature an Intel processor.
The battery is 40 per cent more powerful than that in an iPhone 4S! Wow!

CHEERS
Old September 18, 2012, 06:38 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Nice. I welcome them. The more competition, the better it is for us.

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old September 18, 2012, 06:47 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Gotta agree there GBA. I love it if more competition comes into play. It tends to keep them honest,

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old September 18, 2012, 06:55 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Looks like a Iphone , they will get sued and will be forced to stop selling phones leaving us with only the Iphone .
Old September 18, 2012, 07:14 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodystumps View Post
Looks like a Iphone , they will get sued and will be forced to stop selling phones leaving us with only the Iphone .
Well I am not so sure about that... you comment seems directed to look similarity, which therefore implies design intellectual property rights - to which I would reply that this phone lacks the one button at the bottom, which I believe is the main apple's asserted design intellectual property.
Old September 18, 2012, 07:22 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaxumalik View Post
Well I am not so sure about that... you comment seems directed to look similarity, which therefore implies design intellectual property rights - to which I would reply that this phone lacks the one button at the bottom, which I believe is the main apple's asserted design intellectual property.
It's pretty clear that a 'rectangle with rounded corners' is one of Apple's intellectual property rights.

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old September 18, 2012, 07:32 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

and it has icons and touch screen and 3 buttons LOL so it has to be a rip of apple
Old September 18, 2012, 07:36 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Came here to see a phone left chucking at the apple comments. Looks interesting, I would like to see the bezel thinner or meld into the background a bit more its a bit distracting. I like competition, don't think I would buy one but anything that helps keep innovation going is good in my books.
Old September 18, 2012, 07:42 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

OK I came here only to poke fun at apple but I just read the link and this phone does not have a "edgeless" design at all in fact I think it has a larger boarder then my GS2 . also it appears its only available in England as of right now .

Quote:
It is also splashproof, and features an ‘edgeless’ design where the glass appears to go almost to the very edge of the device. Motorola claim it will give consumers the sense of holding “nothing but screen in the palm of their hand”.
Old September 18, 2012, 08:39 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
a rectangular product shape with all four corners uniformly rounded;
the front surface of the product dominated by a screen surface with black borders;
as to the iPhone and iPod touch products, substantial black borders above and below the screen having roughly equal width and narrower black borders on either side of the screen having roughly equal width;
as to the iPad product, substantial black borders on all sides being roughly equal in width;
a metallic surround framing the perimeter of the top surface;
a display of a grid of colorful square icons with uniformly rounded corners; and
a bottom row of square icons (the "Springboard") set off from the other icons and that do not change as the other pages of the user interface are viewed.
lets see corners are not uniformly rounded
phone is grey so no black borders
the screen is closer to the top than the bottom
rim looks plastic
icons aren't square
and the bottom buttons well i dont know if they move if the page is turned.

so it's apple lawsuit safe