Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 31, 2012, 09:36 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default Asetek Sues CoolIt Over Liquid Cooling Patent

"Asetek has filed a patent infringement lawsuit against CoolIt, which should have some interesting implications for the liquid cooling technology field."

Source
Old August 31, 2012, 09:37 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

In essence, they are suing Corsair as well I believe.
Old August 31, 2012, 10:20 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I don't really understand how they could have gotten a patent for something that people have been doing for quite some time in their own home.
Old August 31, 2012, 10:22 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Sometimes it gets frustrating when all this stuff happens. All this suing at the end of the day only hurts the customers in the end. I was getting quite happy at the quality and variety of AIO units. I hope this doesn't hurt it,

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old August 31, 2012, 11:07 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perineum View Post
I don't really understand how they could have gotten a patent for something that people have been doing for quite some time in their own home.
Because the US Patent system is broken.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old August 31, 2012, 02:01 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

prior art is patentable, Apple proves this time and again...
Old August 31, 2012, 06:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Sometimes it gets frustrating when all this stuff happens. All this suing at the end of the day only hurts the customers in the end. I was getting quite happy at the quality and variety of AIO units. I hope this doesn't hurt it,

-ST
My guess is it will BIGTIME !! they will be able to go after any company for royalties on anything that looks like what there pattent is .. which means they will not only shrink but also start to go back up in price.

Mind ya thought, this could open the market more for vapor chambered coolers though for cpu's.
Old August 31, 2012, 07:19 PM
Rookie
F@H

My System Specs

Substitute processor for engine and has this not been around for 80 + years. In the meantime i have submitted patent approval for circles with square corners and triangles with small screens and offset grid alignment of icons for the future hopes of a lawsuit based on my "innovation"
Old August 31, 2012, 09:28 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Patent trolls.