Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 24, 2012, 04:02 PM
News Editor

My System Specs

Default Breaking: Jury Reaches Verdict in Apple v. Samsung

The jury has reached a verdict in the Apple v. Samsung case, with a devastating loss for Samsung. Reports from the courtroom say that the jury has concluded that Samsung has been found to violate most of Apple’s patents in dispute.

More to come.

Read more here: Breaking: Jury Reaches Verdict in Apple v. Samsung | Hardware Canucks

Follow Hardware Canucks on Twitter:
@hardwarecanucks
Old August 24, 2012, 04:06 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I'm predicting major trade issues for apple products outside of the US a-la the EU Media player rulings if this goes that strongly for Apple.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old August 24, 2012, 04:21 PM
Hall Of Fame

Holy ****... Apple maybe in trouble for sure now.
Old August 24, 2012, 04:36 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

This will for sure come back to bite Apple right in their over priced a**es that is for sure. I already know quite a few people who used to be loyal Apple users that are refusing to buy anything from them now because of all their patent trolling. Hopefully this just strengthens Samsung's sales and teaches the trolls a lesson in marketing and economics.
Old August 24, 2012, 05:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Jury should be taken out and shot.

Retards.
Old August 24, 2012, 06:20 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Ugh. Trolling at it's finest. Never been a big Apple fan. Like them even a little less now.
Old August 24, 2012, 06:22 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Small step back for samsung, big step back for smartphone advancement.
Old August 24, 2012, 06:25 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Sad day for us consumers that a bunch of slack jawed yokels decided this in such a short time frame. Guess this was expected in California, close to the home of apple.
I really hope that consumers realize just how anti competitive apple is and the iphone 5 takes a hit in sales this year. Its products haven't been innovative since the original iPhone, and Samsung and other vendors have been producing vastly superior devices to them for years now. It's about time consumers realize that apple is all about marketing, and not about innovating any more.
Old August 24, 2012, 06:36 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Today is a huge win for Apple and a catastrophic loss for the rest of the mobile industry.

Now that Apple has "won", I'm sure they are feeling empowered and will start going after everyone to make as much money as possible. I think they know their innovation died with Steve Jobs, now they need to find a new income source.

I suppose this doesn't affect us directly in Canada, but I feel bad for our American neighbours.
Old August 24, 2012, 06:36 PM
F@H

My System Specs

You know what Samsung could really do to hurt Apple (if they wanted to), pull all the parts that go into all the Apple devices, such as the Retina screen. Would take MONTHS for Apple to find a replacement supply for some of the parts, not to mention QA to ensure it's as good as the Samsung part.

Now I'm even more interested to see how the Google Motorola patent lawsuit against Apple will turn out.

Joke:
Also, this just in. All jurors seen left talking on their iPhone 5s, with the latest Macbook in their custom Apple laptop bag.