Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Press Releases & Tech News (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/press-releases-tech-news/)
-   -   Breaking: Jury Reaches Verdict in Apple v. Samsung (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/press-releases-tech-news/56312-breaking-jury-reaches-verdict-apple-v-samsung.html)

Sam_Reynolds August 24, 2012 04:02 PM

Breaking: Jury Reaches Verdict in Apple v. Samsung

The jury has reached a verdict in the Apple v. Samsung case, with a devastating loss for Samsung. Reports from the courtroom say that the jury has concluded that Samsung has been found to violate most of Apple’s patents in dispute.

More to come.

Read more here: Breaking: Jury Reaches Verdict in Apple v. Samsung | Hardware Canucks

sswilson August 24, 2012 04:06 PM

I'm predicting major trade issues for apple products outside of the US a-la the EU Media player rulings if this goes that strongly for Apple.

enaberif August 24, 2012 04:21 PM

Holy ****... Apple maybe in trouble for sure now.

NSdeadly1 August 24, 2012 04:36 PM

This will for sure come back to bite Apple right in their over priced a**es that is for sure. I already know quite a few people who used to be loyal Apple users that are refusing to buy anything from them now because of all their patent trolling. Hopefully this just strengthens Samsung's sales and teaches the trolls a lesson in marketing and economics.

Perineum August 24, 2012 05:59 PM

Jury should be taken out and shot.

Retards.

Hunt August 24, 2012 06:20 PM

Ugh. Trolling at it's finest. Never been a big Apple fan. Like them even a little less now.

Jake_HT August 24, 2012 06:22 PM

Small step back for samsung, big step back for smartphone advancement.

Eluder August 24, 2012 06:25 PM

Sad day for us consumers that a bunch of slack jawed yokels decided this in such a short time frame. Guess this was expected in California, close to the home of apple.
I really hope that consumers realize just how anti competitive apple is and the iphone 5 takes a hit in sales this year. Its products haven't been innovative since the original iPhone, and Samsung and other vendors have been producing vastly superior devices to them for years now. It's about time consumers realize that apple is all about marketing, and not about innovating any more.

JD August 24, 2012 06:36 PM

Today is a huge win for Apple and a catastrophic loss for the rest of the mobile industry.

Now that Apple has "won", I'm sure they are feeling empowered and will start going after everyone to make as much money as possible. I think they know their innovation died with Steve Jobs, now they need to find a new income source.

I suppose this doesn't affect us directly in Canada, but I feel bad for our American neighbours.

Arinoth August 24, 2012 06:36 PM

You know what Samsung could really do to hurt Apple (if they wanted to), pull all the parts that go into all the Apple devices, such as the Retina screen. Would take MONTHS for Apple to find a replacement supply for some of the parts, not to mention QA to ensure it's as good as the Samsung part.

Now I'm even more interested to see how the Google Motorola patent lawsuit against Apple will turn out.

Joke:
Also, this just in. All jurors seen left talking on their iPhone 5s, with the latest Macbook in their custom Apple laptop bag.