Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 17, 2008, 06:42 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by magictorch View Post
Is this some kind of special pair of chips supplied by Intel to generate buzz around the release of skulltrail?...Seems like every-time a new chip comes out these monster ocs on them are reported using fairly standard methods which dont seem to be replicated by the masses---- either way very impressive.
You hit the nail on the head to a certain extent. Hand-picked motherboards, processors, memory, GPUs and whatnot accompanied with a tweaked install of Windows. It is all done to generate buzz and it does a hell of a good job of it at that. It is all about PR and good marketing and if I was in the position of Intel, Nvidia or any other company I would do the same thing.
Old April 17, 2008, 06:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Cipher View Post
I don't think 1.9v and using 300L of LN2 to cool a system is standard for the masses! I wish I had access to that much coolant.
yea I meant the reports in one of the links of 4.5ghz with a simple water system while others were getting close to that on air the 6ghz oc was huge but still doubt all the chips will do that

GPU: PA120.3|S.Res.rev2|2x EK FC blocks| MCP655.

Last edited by magictorch; April 17, 2008 at 07:04 PM.
Old April 17, 2008, 10:01 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
You hit the nail on the head to a certain extent. Hand-picked motherboards, processors, memory, GPUs and whatnot accompanied with a tweaked install of Windows. It is all done to generate buzz and it does a hell of a good job of it at that. It is all about PR and good marketing and if I was in the position of Intel, Nvidia or any other company I would do the same thing.
It's not really any different than any other "sport/pastime" advertising for the sponsor. NASCAR(not a fan) and most other races create sales. It's just the way the human brain works... "monkey see, monkey thinks he can do".
Old April 18, 2008, 07:41 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Cipher View Post
I don't think 1.9v and using 300L of LN2 to cool a system is standard for the masses! I wish I had access to that much coolant.
You do, head to your local Air Liquide and they will sell you as much as you want. :D Bring a dewar and alot of $ though heheh.