Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Press Releases & Tech News (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/press-releases-tech-news/)
-   -   Hardware Canucks’ Sources Vindicated, PowerColor Releases Dual-GPU 7990 (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/press-releases-tech-news/56306-hardware-canucks-sources-vindicated-powercolor-releases-dual-gpu-7990-a.html)

Sam_Reynolds August 24, 2012 10:36 AM

Hardware Canucks’ Sources Vindicated, PowerColor Releases Dual-GPU 7990

As Hardware Canucks’ sources correctly said earlier this week, PowerColor today launched the dual-Tahiti XT GPU sporting Devil 13 HD7990.

Read more here: Hardware Canucks’ Sources Vindicated, PowerColor Releases Dual-GPU 7990 | Hardware Canucks

Skyllz August 24, 2012 10:38 AM

that video card alone probably has more processing power then my whole computer currently... wow...

Arkilion August 24, 2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyllz (Post 650895)
that video card alone probably has more processing power then my whole computer currently... wow...

And probablly consume more power than your entire computer.

I hope we get some review/benchmark against a 690 :P

SKYMTL August 24, 2012 11:57 AM

We have a sample on the way. So we'll see. If the lights go out on the island of Montreal, you'll know why....

AkG August 24, 2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKYMTL (Post 650921)
We have a sample on the way. So we'll see. If the lights go out on the island of Montreal, you'll know why....

Personally...and I am just spit balling here :whistle:.....I'd be more worried about a certain reviewer going "missing"...along with that BEAST...than the lights just going out. :)~

Soultribunal August 24, 2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AkG (Post 650934)
Personally...and I am just spit balling here :whistle:.....I'd be more worried about a certain reviewer going "missing"...along with that BEAST...than the lights just going out. :)~

Where does he live again AkG? I was thinking we should pay him a Visit.
After all, he might need help 'lifting it'

-ST

Galcobar August 25, 2012 12:57 PM

Oh, we don't have to worry about Sky disappearing with an AMD card. After all, he's far too biased toward AMD to consider running an AMD card in his own rig...

sswilson August 25, 2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galcobar (Post 651162)
Oh, we don't have to worry about Sky disappearing with an AMD card. After all, he's far too biased toward NVIDIA to consider running an AMD card in his own rig...

As they say... "Fixed that for you" (although in this case I believe I actually did.... ;) ).

MacJunky August 25, 2012 05:24 PM

The thing with SKYMTL is if you reach a certain level of bias you can no longer use what you were biased toward. I do not know the math behind it. All I know is that when you get really biased, you do this flip and can no longer use whatever it was. So in SKY's case, he likes nvidia too much and thus cannot use an nvidia card again until his bias subsides to more normal/sane levels.

Dzzope August 25, 2012 05:53 PM

LOL

Well jealous of sky right now... Looking forward to a good line-up of 7990, 690, dual 680's 670's, 7970's and 7950's.. and if time.. maybe even 660's and 7870's..

Would be amazing to get dual 690's and 7990's but thats unlikely I know.. :(