Old April 16, 2008, 06:11 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Windows XP SP3 goes RTM next Monday, says report

Internal schedule has it on Windows Update April 29, reports Neowin.net

Quote:
Originally posted on COMPUTERWORLD
Microsoft Corp. will release Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) to computer makers and some IT professionals next week, and it will offer it to all users via Windows Update April 29, two weeks from today, according to an internal schedule obtained by the Neowin.net Web site. Although others had previously pegged SP3's release to the last half of April, Neowin's dates are the most specific seen so far.
According to the site, the service pack will debut April 21, when it's shipped to computer manufacturers, offered to volume licensing customers and posted for download on TechNet and the Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN), which are subscription services for IT staff and developers, respectively.
Most users, however, will first be able to obtain SP3 on April 29, when Microsoft lists it on Windows Update (WU) for download.
Read more...
Old April 16, 2008, 06:20 PM
Hall Of Fame

Yeah, I'll have to remember to do some before and after benching. There have been some interesting improvements seen from this, which is amazing for such a mature OS.
Old April 16, 2008, 07:11 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The way I see it mature or not its a solid OS and the more they can improve it the better, hopefully Vista will reach the same potential as XP has in its lifetime. I truly believe that WindowsXP has a lot left in it and thankfully Microsoft has recognized that and continues to get every last bit out of it they can.