Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 2, 2012, 04:00 PM
News Editor

My System Specs

Default Apple v. Samsung: New Filing Reveals Apple’s Request to Sanction Samsung

A new court filing made public on Thursday has revealed Apple’s formal request of the court to have Samsung sanctioned for distributing banned trial evidence to the press.

Read more here: Apple v. Samsung: New Filing Reveals Apple’s Request to Sanction Samsung | Hardware Canucks

Follow Hardware Canucks on Twitter:
@hardwarecanucks
Old August 2, 2012, 05:04 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Really. Maybe Samsung should file for a mistrial. From everything I have read, it sounds like they're being set up here.
Old August 2, 2012, 05:25 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Let's face it. Samsung is probably going to lose. Biased courts, and all. I'm sure Apple has a lot of friends in the US government, and Samsung, being a South Korean manufacturer will be SOL.

Sigh, this sucks! I just want Apple to get shoved and just go away! Let the world be in peace!!!! Please!

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old August 2, 2012, 05:26 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Really. Maybe Samsung should file for a mistrial. From everything I have read, it sounds like they're being set up here.
I wouldn't be surprised if it came to that. I'm curious to see what goes down on Friday.
Old August 2, 2012, 07:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Apple has lost anyway. Android is taking over, and I'm seriously going to push any and all of my clients away from *anything* Apple.
Old August 2, 2012, 07:57 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perineum View Post
Apple has lost anyway. Android is taking over, and I'm seriously going to push any and all of my clients away from *anything* Apple.
If Apple didn't try to be a bunch of bullies and play nice in the sandbox perhaps this mindset wouldn't exist. But when their are MORE Android phones of far better quality in every aspect out there I absolutely agree.

My girlfriend was looking into a new phone and new right off the top of her head she didn't want iOS and wanted to go with Android and that made me a VERY happy guy.

More people need to realize that there are FAR better options out there.
Old August 2, 2012, 08:57 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perineum View Post
Apple has lost anyway. Android is taking over.
This. Seeing many more android phones floating around lately. It's great. the iphone 5 will come out and be the exact same size I'm guessing which is tiny, it'll have LTE which means with it's small size will have terribad battery life, and everyone will just eventually move on to the better phones being released by samsung
Old August 4, 2012, 01:50 PM
Rookie

I don't need a new phone, but I have the urge to buy a samsung right now.
Old August 4, 2012, 02:02 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
If Apple didn't try to be a bunch of bullies and play nice in the sandbox perhaps this mindset wouldn't exist. But when their are MORE Android phones of far better quality in every aspect out there I absolutely agree.

My girlfriend was looking into a new phone and new right off the top of her head she didn't want iOS and wanted to go with Android and that made me a VERY happy guy.

More people need to realize that there are FAR better options out there.
I'm in the same boat with my fiancee, but one step further. She refuses to buy an apple product in general as she doesn't like them. When we need to find her a new phone end of this month it's gonna be a droid.
Old August 5, 2012, 05:38 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

A while back when all of this started i showed it to my wife. She could never understand why i was so set against buying any Apple product, but after reading some of these articles she understands. That said, I just went out and bought a Galaxy S3 and couldn't be happier with it. Blows my friend's iPhone 4S out of the water.