Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 1, 2012, 05:06 PM
News Editor

My System Specs

Default Windows 8 Has Been Released to Manufacturers

Microsoft released Windows 8 to manufacturers today, a symbolic milestone that shows the operating system is complete.

Read more here: Windows 8 Has Been Released to Manufacturers | Hardware Canucks

Follow Hardware Canucks on Twitter:
@hardwarecanucks
Old August 1, 2012, 05:15 PM
Top Prospect

Hmm, I'll have to give it a test on my tablet, I've been holding out for the RC so that they could hopefully squash most of the bugs. I'm still holding out to see how it is like on multi monitor and eyefinity setups for my desktop. I forsee eyefinity making the metro interface nearly useless/terrible. Hopefully AMD can come out with some improved drivers to fix that. ( AMD... Drivers...)
Old August 1, 2012, 05:22 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Given what I have read about W8,I have no intention of going with the new O.S. I want to use my keyboard etc. as I always have,and I don't see me swiping my screen and getting finger prints etc. all over it. I game on a PC,not a phone or tablet.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old August 1, 2012, 05:44 PM
Top Prospect

I have tried it and it still works well with a normal mouse. It is a big difference though and takes quite a bit to get used to. It is essentially like learning a new OS.
Old August 1, 2012, 07:09 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I have been using WIN8 CP on my Sony Vaio Notebook (TT series). It loads very fast and wakes up fast. I was planning to replace my HHD with SSD, but with WIN8, I think it is fast enough.

Under desktop, everything I use is the same as in WIN7 and Vista, nothing different that I have seen. IE also works great. I think I'll buy it for my notebook (which still has Vista), but I will not replace my WIN7 on the desktop.
Old August 1, 2012, 07:17 PM
Rookie

First time in a long time I'm completely uninterested in upgraded OS'.
Not sure where MSFT is headed but it doesn't appear to be where I want to go.
Old August 2, 2012, 12:57 AM
Top Prospect

Yeah I can definitely agree with some of the game developers mentioning the move to Linux. Obviously steam will be leading the way for that.