Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 13, 2008, 04:58 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Default Windows is collapsing!

Windows is 'collapsing,' analysts say

GPU: PA120.3|S.Res.rev2|2x EK FC blocks| MCP655.
Old April 13, 2008, 05:22 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I had my fight with WindowsXP when it first came out but all in all my experiences have turned out pretty positively with XP. Its not suprising that Microsoft has extended its lifespan to manufacturers on cheapo computers that can't even run Vista basic.
I think I will be one of the many people that waits for the next version of windows given theres actually something worth upgrading for.

EE
Old April 13, 2008, 05:47 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Eye View Post
I had my fight with WindowsXP when it first came out but all in all my experiences have turned out pretty positively with XP. Its not suprising that Microsoft has extended its lifespan to manufacturers on cheapo computers that can't even run Vista basic.
I think I will be one of the many people that waits for the next version of windows given theres actually something worth upgrading for.

EE
It comes down to the fact that Vista was simply supposed to be the latest and greatest thing and off use the ability to walk on water when in fact all its done is allowed us to drown with no life preserver.
Old April 13, 2008, 05:55 PM
MVP

Oh no, we're all doomed.

This isn't news, MS has too many resources available to throw at their problems to collapse.
Old April 13, 2008, 06:02 PM
MVP
F@H

Obsolete if they don't take action. Thank you captain obvious, that is like any company (I am referring to the author of the article). At least they do mention the takeover attempt of Yahoo...but the point of the article is that windows may fail, not M$ itself.

Maybe they'll buy redhat and we'll have M$ linux....hahaha that would probably be the worst version ever.

C2Q Blue
Gigabyte EP45-UD3p | Q8400 @ 2.66ghz | Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme w. Scythe | Mushkin Redline PC2-8000 5-5-5-15-2T @ 400mhz |
BFG GTX 295 | 1.32TB WD HDDs | Corsair HX 620 W | Antec 900 | Acer 20" LCD
Old April 13, 2008, 06:41 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Too bad we couldn't just redesign the computer from the ground up and ditch all the old legacy programming and make an entirely new way of programming and processing video and data. Maybe the next generation of video game consoles will get us close to a complete rethinking.
Old April 14, 2008, 04:45 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
It comes down to the fact that Vista was simply supposed to be the latest and greatest thing and off use the ability to walk on water when in fact all its done is allowed us to drown with no life preserver.
At least you look great with its pretty backgrounds and 3D windows while you drown.
Old April 14, 2008, 06:45 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babrbarossa View Post
Too bad we couldn't just redesign the computer from the ground up and ditch all the old legacy programming and make an entirely new way of programming and processing video and data. Maybe the next generation of video game consoles will get us close to a complete rethinking.
Well if not the computer at least Windows could use a ground up rebuild.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old April 14, 2008, 06:52 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babrbarossa View Post
I bet MS programmers would love to do this, but we saw all the uproar with the relatively minor compatibility problems Vista had with old software... MS would get lynched if they released a new Windows OS with no backwards compatibility.
Old April 14, 2008, 10:30 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Do what Apple did, build in a basic virtual machine ware to run old proggies in their own little sandbox. Would be seamless to the end user and allow programmers time to update their code to the "new" way of doing things. Heck MS already OWNS a fricking VMware like program so it would be EASY for them to do it!

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr