LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 16, 2008, 01:39 PM
MVP
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars View Post

:p
. Easy solutions FTW.

Goes to show how little I use my vista laptop.

C2Q Blue
Gigabyte EP45-UD3p | Q8400 @ 2.66ghz | Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme w. Scythe | Mushkin Redline PC2-8000 5-5-5-15-2T @ 400mhz |
BFG GTX 295 | 1.32TB WD HDDs | Corsair HX 620 W | Antec 900 | Acer 20" LCD
Old April 16, 2008, 05:39 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Cipher View Post
. Easy solutions FTW.

Goes to show how little I use my vista laptop.
LOL. I use my Vista laptop more than my desktop. Not because it's Vista but because it's new and cool (my laptop that is) :D

You should check out this Vista Tweak Guide. I don't do every tweak in it but it sure saved me resources and made things speedier. I also have Aero still on and most of the GUI goodies. Using about 700MB ram and 40 processes. That's lots for XP but not bad for Vista.

I don't have an official source on this but in my experience I found I needed to mess with UAC right after a fresh install. I actually have it running in quiet mode with Tweak UAC (I may have said that already in another post?) anyways... Messing with UAC after using the laptop for a while just lead to errors and problems for me. I could not even connect to Windows update anymore? For me it was on or off at the get go and leave it alone after that. I did a reformat because of this with no back up img :\ I got one now though!

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE