Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 24, 2012, 03:41 PM
News Editor

My System Specs

Default Two Executives Depart AMD for Rivals

AMD has lost two high ranking executives to rivals: Bob Feldstein, who oversaw the company’s relationship with console manufactures departed for NVIDIA, while AMD’s man in the Asia Pacific, Ben Williams, has left for Calxeda.

Read more here: Two Executives Depart AMD for Rivals | Hardware Canucks

Follow Hardware Canucks on Twitter:
@hardwarecanucks
Old July 25, 2012, 06:04 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Anyone starting to get the feeling that AMD just isn't doing that well? Don't get me wrong, I want them to do better and give Intel competition but it just seems like they can not retain their upper Scanlon staff for very long.
Old July 25, 2012, 06:33 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

They're losing some key engineering staff which I don't find to be a very good sign. You'd think if anything they would want to RETAIN skilled engineers, especially in their current state.
Old July 25, 2012, 09:31 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

... yeah, doesn't bode well.

I haven't bought AMD personally since my Q6600 but I certainly do not want to see them go under. I hope they know what they are doing.....
Old July 25, 2012, 09:47 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keywork View Post
They're losing some key engineering staff which I don't find to be a very good sign. You'd think if anything they would want to RETAIN skilled engineers, especially in their current state.
If they are the engineers that brought us bulldozer im not too upset lol

AMD is doing okay... tjey are posting profits thry just dont offer much for the people who want performance. Their APUs are quite impressive able to pass IB IGP in many games even though they are way behind on cpu power and they do it at half the price.

Overall I think AMD is doing well just not in the market most people on this forum are interested.