Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 3, 2012, 08:21 PM
Top Prospect

You guys remember those flash websites that lets you create a flash website? That was a painful era in the internet history.
Old July 4, 2012, 04:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'm surprised Google is going to axe Flash before Microsoft (since MS backed down and instead offers a crippled Flash player in Metro IE). The change is still too abrupt for a lot of web pages to be able to work without Flash again.

...now if they could get rid of PDF too I'd be happy...
Old July 4, 2012, 06:30 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by frontier204 View Post
I'm surprised Google is going to axe Flash before Microsoft (since MS backed down and instead offers a crippled Flash player in Metro IE). The change is still too abrupt for a lot of web pages to be able to work without Flash again.

...now if they could get rid of PDF too I'd be happy...
I'd argue that the PDF format offers something for cross-platform use that nothing else does. All of my resumes go out in PDF format (unless they've specifically requested something else) as it's the only way I know for sure that the time I spent formatting how the resume looks and presents itself wasn't wasted.

I don't think PDF is the problem as opposed to the adobe reader.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old July 4, 2012, 07:29 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
I'd argue that the PDF format offers something for cross-platform use that nothing else does. All of my resumes go out in PDF format (unless they've specifically requested something else) as it's the only way I know for sure that the time I spent formatting how the resume looks and presents itself wasn't wasted.

I don't think PDF is the problem as opposed to the adobe reader.
This. Get rid of your security hole infested adobe program and install Foxit.
Old July 5, 2012, 04:03 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keywork View Post
This. Get rid of your security hole infested adobe program and install Foxit.
Exactly, loads soo much faster too.