Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
Now you have it as 518b, if they lost that much they'd be bankrupt
You didn't see anything....
Fold for team #54196
Old June 29, 2012, 04:16 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I still think RIM's in a big heap of trouble, regardless of how they want to spin it. I don't want to see them go belly up, but they haven't really dominated any market other then businesses (whom some are shifting away from them now).

Depending on how the W8 phones are, we could see RIM lose some business clients due to the all-in-one integration W8 is trying to go with the phones, tablets and desktops.
Old June 29, 2012, 08:19 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

They are toast. The delay of BB10 is the final nail in their coffin. Investors are all going to bail and someone will do a takeover just to get their hands on the patents they own.

Done I tell you.
Old June 30, 2012, 12:36 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

If only i would have had more money to shortsell more rim shares... damn university taking all my money so i cant make money... i did make $200 though.

Also now is not the time to buy rim... they have no cash left and.with this quarter they have slipped into debt. You buy when a company is at the bottom and has.no where to go.but up. RIM has a good chance of hitting 0 and being dropped off the exchange in which case you are screwed if you buy. I wouldnt touch rim with a ten foot pole... i wouldnt even short it at this point anymore but if bb10 fails the stock is going through the floor.
Old June 30, 2012, 08:01 PM
Allstar

I was hoping for a BB10 device this fall... I have started to pay a bit more attention to other offerings now.

I am honestly looking at the MS products right now. The pro tablet has me hopeful for a tablet that can truly replace a laptop. All the tablet app pushing through html5 was pie in the sky dreaming that failed in my experience. I honestly love my keyboard on my bold.... these all touch screen phones a) would not survive me and b) I hate typing on them. Give me the BB keyboard on a solid MS OS that does not suck and has the same security that the BB has and I will buy.

Until then I am babying my bold.
Old June 30, 2012, 09:04 PM
F@H

My System Specs

So aside from the release of the iphone into a similar market BB was filling, what one event do we figure was the real beginning of the end?

I figure it was the week+ long outage that they couldn't get resolved... when your primary market is business, you can't be down longer than 24 hours let alone 10 days.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old June 30, 2012, 09:05 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueByte View Post
I was hoping for a BB10 device this fall... I have started to pay a bit more attention to other offerings now.

I am honestly looking at the MS products right now. The pro tablet has me hopeful for a tablet that can truly replace a laptop. All the tablet app pushing through html5 was pie in the sky dreaming that failed in my experience. I honestly love my keyboard on my bold.... these all touch screen phones a) would not survive me and b) I hate typing on them. Give me the BB keyboard on a solid MS OS that does not suck and has the same security that the BB has and I will buy.

Until then I am babying my bold.
Pretty much only lower end phones have tactile keyboards these days but android phones with keyboards do exist (although maybe not using ics).
Old July 1, 2012, 08:05 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeetard View Post
They are toast. The delay of BB10 is the final nail in their coffin. Investors are all going to bail and someone will do a takeover just to get their hands on the patents they own.

Done I tell you.

I concur, mistake after mistake, innovation low and poor communications to boot. They have been too slow to react to the market changes and their own problems. If I was a business looking for a mobile phone system, they would be the last company I would use. Having a Blackberry used to be THE phone to have, now having one just means your phone contract hasn't run out yet....
Old July 1, 2012, 07:13 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
So aside from the release of the iphone into a similar market BB was filling, what one event do we figure was the real beginning of the end?
I'd argue it was the Storm. A lot of people were excited for it, but the (clever) haptic feedback was badly executed. Add in quite a few useability woes, glitches, battery pulls and an OS that felt archaic (even moreso today), and you have a phone that caused many people to switch to the competition.