Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Press Releases & Tech News (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/press-releases-tech-news/)
-   -   Court Injunction Bans Sales of Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Tablet in U.S (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/press-releases-tech-news/55075-court-injunction-bans-sales-samsung-galaxy-10-1-tablet-u-s.html)

Sam_Reynolds June 27, 2012 07:35 AM

Court Injunction Bans Sales of Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Tablet in U.S

In an unexpected turn of events a judge in California has sided with Apple in its ongoing patent war against Samsung, granting an injunction to block sales of Samsung's Galaxy 10.1 Tablet in the United States.

Read more here: Court Injunction Bans Sales of Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Tablet in U.S | Hardware Canucks

Arinoth June 27, 2012 07:39 AM

"And in other news, the Judge in California was seen later with his iPhone tethered to his iPad while he listened to music on his iPod"

great_big_abyss June 27, 2012 07:50 AM

Since Apple is from Cupertino, California, and Samsung is from Seoul, South Korea, isn't it a conflict of interest having a Californian judge make a ruling that applies to the entire US?

Sam_Reynolds June 27, 2012 08:06 AM

No, the ruling in California is applicable to the entire United States because of precedent law. Just like how a court ruling in Alberta will can be used and cited in court cases in Ontario.

Perineum June 27, 2012 09:26 AM

I've said it before, but I'll never buy any Apple product again.

I honestly think that for the most part Apple is just cutting their own throats.

Arinoth June 27, 2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perineum (Post 637767)
I've said it before, but I'll never buy any Apple product again.

I honestly think that for the most part Apple is just cutting their own throats.

One can only hope Microsoft has a quality product with the Surface to knock down Apple a few pegs while Android phones continue to eat at Apple's smartphone fanbase.

martin_metal_88 June 27, 2012 09:42 AM

That's another good reason to say that California is the gayest hipster applefag market in the US. Why the hell would samsung have to stop selling a tablet that only have a look alike with the Ipad while many company sell ( foxconn ) sell identical tablet to the Ipad with a name even closer Hipad or midIpad can still sell them, Cmon california...

Fleurious June 27, 2012 10:01 AM

Maybe Ford and Hyundai should sue each other into oblivion. The Focus and Elantra look a lot alike.

geokilla June 27, 2012 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fleurious (Post 637777)
Maybe Ford and Hyundai should sue each other into oblivion. The Focus and Elantra look a lot alike.

Or Aston Martin and Ford rather.... Look at the front of the Ford Fusion.

great_big_abyss June 27, 2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geokilla (Post 637779)
Or Aston Martin and Ford rather.... Look at the front of the Ford Fusion.

Maybe that's because Ford used to own Aston Martin and when they split they came away with a lot of Aston Design experience.