Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 22, 2012, 12:51 AM
News Editor

My System Specs

Default MegaUpload Founder Proves He’s “Too Legit To Quit” With New Music-Sharing Venture

As the case against Kim “Kim Dotcom” Schmitz collapses, the former cyberlocker mogul has taken to creating a new venture – with the putative support of Steve Wozniak and the definite support of a few major artists – that promises to “unchain” artists from the traditional model of music distribution.

Read more here: MegaUpload Founder Proves He’s “Too Legit To Quit” With New Music-Sharing Venture | Hardware Canucks

Follow Hardware Canucks on Twitter:
@hardwarecanucks
Old June 22, 2012, 06:33 AM
Top Prospect

There's such a huge need for this right now, I hope it gets fully embraced by the music community.

And I have no problem with this part: "The Megakey business model is referring to is an adware application powered by voluntarily disclosed demographic data from the user that substitutes ads on 3rd party websites with MegaUpload’s."