Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 16, 2012, 06:12 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Meh, no need to disable LTE; my One X lasts me 1.5 days on LTE with my usage, so I'd rather have the improved experience for a slightly shorter battery life.
I also believe the SGS3 will have even better battery life than the One X because of the larger battery (2100mah vs 1800mah).
Old June 16, 2012, 06:17 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Good news for us; Canadian carriers will participate in the 50GB Dropbox offer, unlike the US carriers:
Samsung confirms all Canadian carriers will opt into 50GB Dropbox offer | MobileSyrup.com
Quote:
Many Americans were stunned and disappointed last week when it was announced that AT&T and Verizon would opt out of the free two-year 50GB Dropbox offer for Galaxy S III owners. While it’s not known what the exact reasons were for the decision, it set off a few alarm bells up here that some Canadian carriers would do the same.

Thankfully we’ve confirmed from Samsung that all Canadian carriers will be carrying the offer — it will activate the first time you open the app on the phone. And though the deal is only for two years, it’s a great incentive to start using the cloud sync service, and it also brings a lot of attention to Samsung for upping HTC by 25GB.

50GB from Dropbox typically costs $99/year, so the deal is a huge value-add to existing users. We’re really happy to see Canadian carriers not tinkering with manufacturer deals. The full statement from Samsung reads:
Fold for team #54196
Old June 16, 2012, 06:49 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

So will I get bumped to 50GB from the 25GB, or will I get another 50GB? :) Got the 25GB promo when I got the One X...
Old June 25, 2012, 01:23 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
Good news for us; Canadian carriers will participate in the 50GB Dropbox offer, unlike the US carriers:
Samsung confirms all Canadian carriers will opt into 50GB Dropbox offer | MobileSyrup.com
Still, considering what we get charged for wireless here, an American could probably just pay for the service on top of their monthly plan and still end up paying less than the average Canadian.

Even so, it looks like a great phone, and if I had any use for anything beyond a pay-as-you-go voice plan, this is probably the phone I'd want. But I only occasionally check my e-mail or browse the internet while I'm out and about, and so I've found that free wi-fi with a small tablet or netbook is enough for me.