Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 6, 2012, 03:33 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Default Updated Apple seeking import ban on Galaxy S3 [Android Community]

Well, looks like Apple is trying to stop the sale of Galaxy S3 phones; the reason....S-Voice, and the one that really gets me, long pressing for menu options

Quote:
The story goes like all the others we’ve heard recently with Apple and HTC, including another filing we mentioned earlier today. Apple has TONS of patents for just about everything, and are leveraging them against the competition. This time around Apple is taking aim with their “universal search technology” Siri, and using that against Samsung’s S-Voice counterpart, as well as the same data tapping (link long press) type actions that we use on virtually every Android device.
Bold added by me.

Apple lawyers take aim at Samsung’s Galaxy S III | Android Community
Fold for team #54196
Old June 6, 2012, 04:26 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Can't wait for Apple to go bankrupt.
I hate them as a company, they are so underhanded and can't compete with anyone without patent wars.
Old June 6, 2012, 05:17 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
Can't wait for Apple to go bankrupt.
Not gonna happen anytime soon, my friend.

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old June 6, 2012, 05:47 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

With the culture in the US apple can sell rabbit turds for $50 a pop!

Technology doesn't matter, sales do. Not knocking apple's technology, the a5 is a cutting edge processor and their hardware meets expectations but somehow their sales has really grabbed the public. We here are the minority requiring more from our devices than apple provides and caring about business ethics.
Old June 6, 2012, 06:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

And how is this news? Usual Apple... While I do hate them as a company, you can't deny how successful they are. Look at all the Apple products around you.
Old June 6, 2012, 06:21 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Do I like their products (well most of them)? yes... Do i like or really care about how they do buisness? Not really
Old June 6, 2012, 06:25 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibz View Post
Not knocking apple's technology, the a5 is a cutting edge processor.
Last I heard, it was designed by Samsung. I believe all the flash memory is Samsung made as well. The camera sensor is from Sony. It's foolishness really.

And sadly the US laws allow this sort of stuff to occur. It's out right anti-competitive.
Old June 6, 2012, 07:22 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by great_big_abyss View Post
Not gonna happen anytime soon, my friend.
Oh I know, but they're not going to be #1 forever, in this industry, the giant always eventually falls. They've all done it, and Apple is the worst of their kind from my experience, so they're going to fall hard.
Old June 6, 2012, 07:24 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
Oh I know, but they're not going to be #1 forever, in this industry, the giant always eventually falls. They've all done it, and Apple is the worst of their kind from my experience, so they're going to fall hard.
Well the reason they we're/are the giant was mainly due to Steve Jobs. Some features/designs in newer device models/revisions were previous ones that Job had shot down before (such as altering the screen size of the iphone)
Old June 6, 2012, 08:10 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPhatPaulie View Post
Do I like their products (well most of them)? yes... Do i like or really care about how they do buisness? Not really
I see where you are coming from, but if Apple is able to snuff out their competition though lawsuits like this one then Apple might end up being your only viable choice.

Competition is the only sure-fire way to stay at the top of your game.
Fold for team #54196