Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Press Releases & Tech News (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/press-releases-tech-news/)
-   -   Updated Apple seeking import ban on Galaxy S3 [Android Community] (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/press-releases-tech-news/54547-updated-apple-seeking-import-ban-galaxy-s3-android-community.html)

chrisk June 6, 2012 03:33 PM

Updated Apple seeking import ban on Galaxy S3 [Android Community]

Well, looks like Apple is trying to stop the sale of Galaxy S3 phones; the reason....S-Voice, and the one that really gets me, long pressing for menu options:shok:

Quote:

The story goes like all the others we’ve heard recently with Apple and HTC, including another filing we mentioned earlier today. Apple has TONS of patents for just about everything, and are leveraging them against the competition. This time around Apple is taking aim with their “universal search technology” Siri, and using that against Samsung’s S-Voice counterpart, as well as the same data tapping (link long press) type actions that we use on virtually every Android device.
Bold added by me.

Apple lawyers take aim at Samsung’s Galaxy S III | Android Community

Eluder June 6, 2012 04:26 PM

Can't wait for Apple to go bankrupt.
I hate them as a company, they are so underhanded and can't compete with anyone without patent wars.

great_big_abyss June 6, 2012 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eluder (Post 632657)
Can't wait for Apple to go bankrupt.

Not gonna happen anytime soon, my friend.

jibz June 6, 2012 05:47 PM

With the culture in the US apple can sell rabbit turds for $50 a pop!

Technology doesn't matter, sales do. Not knocking apple's technology, the a5 is a cutting edge processor and their hardware meets expectations but somehow their sales has really grabbed the public. We here are the minority requiring more from our devices than apple provides and caring about business ethics.

geokilla June 6, 2012 06:21 PM

And how is this news? Usual Apple... While I do hate them as a company, you can't deny how successful they are. Look at all the Apple products around you.

BigPhatPaulie June 6, 2012 06:21 PM

Do I like their products (well most of them)? yes... Do i like or really care about how they do buisness? Not really

JD June 6, 2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jibz (Post 632689)
Not knocking apple's technology, the a5 is a cutting edge processor.

Last I heard, it was designed by Samsung. I believe all the flash memory is Samsung made as well. The camera sensor is from Sony. It's foolishness really.

And sadly the US laws allow this sort of stuff to occur. It's out right anti-competitive.

Eluder June 6, 2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by great_big_abyss (Post 632673)
Not gonna happen anytime soon, my friend.

Oh I know, but they're not going to be #1 forever, in this industry, the giant always eventually falls. They've all done it, and Apple is the worst of their kind from my experience, so they're going to fall hard.

Arinoth June 6, 2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eluder (Post 632733)
Oh I know, but they're not going to be #1 forever, in this industry, the giant always eventually falls. They've all done it, and Apple is the worst of their kind from my experience, so they're going to fall hard.

Well the reason they we're/are the giant was mainly due to Steve Jobs. Some features/designs in newer device models/revisions were previous ones that Job had shot down before (such as altering the screen size of the iphone)

chrisk June 6, 2012 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigPhatPaulie (Post 632705)
Do I like their products (well most of them)? yes... Do i like or really care about how they do buisness? Not really

I see where you are coming from, but if Apple is able to snuff out their competition though lawsuits like this one then Apple might end up being your only viable choice.

Competition is the only sure-fire way to stay at the top of your game.