Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 13, 2012, 09:26 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It's funny, because I've always like the iPad, and was actually considering buying one. But now (and after the last few monthes) my money is going to go to the ASUS Transformer instead.

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old June 13, 2012, 09:53 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Apple is clearly beginning to slide now that Mr. Jobs is gone. How much longer can they survive if they just continue to refresh their iphones and ipads every year? They need something new or they will end up in the toilet like they did the last time.
Old June 13, 2012, 09:56 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelioneater View Post
Apple is clearly beginning to slide now that Mr. Jobs is gone. How much longer can they survive if they just continue to refresh their iphones and ipads every year? They need something new or they will end up in the toilet like they did the last time.
Actually, I think all of these are part of Mr. Jobs' products. It's the next ones that are going to be announced and released that will be post-Jobs.
Old June 13, 2012, 10:10 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
Actually, I think all of these are part of Mr. Jobs' products. It's the next ones that are going to be announced and released that will be post-Jobs.
Correct, but I mean Apple has nothing atm, and is just relying re-releasing Job's products. Will they be able to churn out anything as good?
Old June 14, 2012, 04:50 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelioneater View Post
Correct, but I mean Apple has nothing atm, and is just relying re-releasing Job's products. Will they be able to churn out anything as good?
While that is completely true that will not stop people from buying the crap. I mean people will line up in the thousands just to buy anything with an i in front of it. Hell I'm sure they could market iCrap and have it actually be a giant steaming pile of crap and as long as they say it is magical and revolutionary, people will buy it.

Old June 14, 2012, 05:11 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaine View Post
While that is completely true that will not stop people from buying the crap. I mean people will line up in the thousands just to buy anything with an i in front of it. Hell I'm sure they could market iCrap and have it actually be a giant steaming pile of crap and as long as they say it is magical and revolutionary, people will buy it.
iCrap now with fewer chunks of corn!
Old June 14, 2012, 09:08 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaine View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJThomp View Post
iCrap now with fewer chunks of corn!
Worse yet, Apple would patent crap and sue your ass if you took a dump.
Fold for team #54196
Old June 14, 2012, 10:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
Worse yet, Apple would patent crap and sue your ass if you took a dump.
Hilarious!