Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 8, 2012, 07:45 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Apple only survived because Microsoft kept them afloat to keep lawyers off their backs.
Fold for team #54196
Old June 8, 2012, 07:57 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

It's too bad, MS should have left Apple to burn in hell, lol.
Old June 8, 2012, 07:59 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJThomp View Post
I don't think going after the company that makes your processors is a good idea... Although samsung also make their processors and they go after them... I just don't know how many companies apple can piss off before everyone else stops playing nice in the sandbox. I really hope something breaks soon and everyone pushes back and puts Apple in a bad spot.
That's a really good point. Intel has what, something like 90 - 95% of the CPU marketshare in basically the ENTIRE market (excluding maybe server applications). It would seem like Intel has just as much weight, if not more, to push around. (And you have to admit, Intel actually plays pretty nice!)

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old June 8, 2012, 11:19 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

first line of that article..... PC's have been ripping Mac off for years. Gimme a break.

Difference is, PC manufacturers didn't patent shapes or general ideas.

Henry Ford was an idiot, he should have patented "a chassis that rolls on wheels powered by a internal combustion engine" We'd only be driving Fords today due to continuous litigation.
Old June 8, 2012, 11:28 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perineum View Post
first line of that article..... PC's have been ripping Mac off for years. Gimme a break.
The author was being sarcastic when he wrote that line. You have to understand Cyril's writing style, he often puts a lot of emotion into his articles, and this is just one example. He's basically illustrating the lunacy of Apple's lawsuits.

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old June 8, 2012, 12:21 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:

Difference is, PC manufacturers didn't patent shapes or general ideas.

Henry Ford was an idiot, he should have patented "a chassis that rolls on wheels powered by a internal combustion engine" We'd only be driving Fords today due to continuous litigation.
This gets a 'like', a 'thanks', a '+1' and a 'thumbs-up'

If Apple manages to stop the S3 from being sold I'll be seriously p-d. I don't usually do the 'don't buy company X stuff' as I prefer to just buy the product I like most but man, its tempting with these guys now.
Fold for team #54196
Old June 8, 2012, 04:48 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
I used this on facebook. Thanks for the epicness.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old June 13, 2012, 03:51 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Looks like Apple's strategy is not going to work this time:
Quote:
Apple won't be able to hold back the Galaxy S III tide in the US, as their request for an early injunction hearing against Samsung's latest has been denied by U.S. District Judge Lucy Koh in San Jose. Because her calendar was so full she had no time to hear the case before the June 21 Galaxy S III launch, effectively dashing Apple's hopes to keep it out of your hands. This does not affect the trial itself, which will go on as planned -- just not when Apple wants it to.

This is a big deal to both sides. The Galaxy S III is expected to sell well, and many users will be under a new two-year agreement when Apple releases their next model sometime later this year. According to analyst Dan Levine (read the source link), postponing the launch of the Galaxy S III was a major part of Apple's strategy in the battle for smartphone dominance, and we have to agree. Once users get the new Galaxy S III in their hands, they may not want to look at any other phone for a while.
http://www.androidcentral.com/samsun...dgement-denied

More info here at Reuters:
Analysis: Apple's big enemy in smartphone wars: delay | Technology | Reuters
Fold for team #54196
Old June 13, 2012, 04:12 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Gotta "love" Apple's business model really. I'm hoping they go straight into the crapper. The stuff they've been trying to pull over the past few years deserve it alone...
Old June 13, 2012, 09:05 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I never liked Apple much but the last few years have made my stubbornness come out. I'll never buy one of their products.....