Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 6, 2012, 09:23 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I can agree to that one. I like my iphone but I do want them to heed a bit to what others have been doing
Old June 6, 2012, 09:49 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
I see where you are coming from, but if Apple is able to snuff out their competition though lawsuits like this one then Apple might end up being your only viable choice.

Competition is the only sure-fire way to stay at the top of your game.
Competition? USA doesn't know what that means. Patent system is such a joke it's not even funny.
Old June 6, 2012, 09:50 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

If you cannot innovate, litigate.
Old June 6, 2012, 10:05 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Apple is a dipshit company. They only ever did well with SJ.
Old June 7, 2012, 05:08 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
If you cannot innovate, litigate.
I thought Apple's business model was great artists steal, oh wait... only if it's for their benefit...
Old June 7, 2012, 08:05 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Personally, I think BS like this can only delay the inevitable....and pisses off people who are NOT hardcore fanbois. While yes Apple has a lot of fanbois, their rocket to the top was via avg joes...who dont care too much about brands (they care more about keeping up with the jonses, fashion item, etc). If their shiny new Apple is shown to be inferior to their friends Samsung, HTC, etc BY their firends...they will go with THAT brand next time...and Apple will go back to being a niche mfg'er catering to their small core of fanbois. Its also becoming LESS fashionable to have apple instead of some of the other tech (as the other mfg'ers catch up on style AND advertising). IMHO this is why they are doing all this as the board of directors see the writing on the wall and want to milk this run for all its worth...then use their golden parachute and retire rich. The OTHER thing that is wrong with the US system. :(

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old June 7, 2012, 08:17 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I believe I ranted and raved about this very topic in a similar thread last year. Key among my arguments is that Apple hasn't really innovated anything in the last few years and are now relying on blocking their competitors innovation/improvements in order to retain marketshare. It's very narrow minded thinking and is destined to fail (I hope). Apple really pisses me off when they do this. And yet, their fanbois (I count some of my friends/family in that group) seem completely blind to how Apple actually behaves as a corporate citizen. Apple is acting like the proverbial rich bully at a high school, except his dad is the principal, so he can get away with anything.

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old June 7, 2012, 09:42 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
Personally, I think BS like this can only delay the inevitable....and pisses off people who are NOT hardcore fanbois. While yes Apple has a lot of fanbois, their rocket to the top was via avg joes...who dont care too much about brands (they care more about keeping up with the jonses, fashion item, etc). If their shiny new Apple is shown to be inferior to their friends Samsung, HTC, etc BY their firends...they will go with THAT brand next time...and Apple will go back to being a niche mfg'er catering to their small core of fanbois. Its also becoming LESS fashionable to have apple instead of some of the other tech (as the other mfg'ers catch up on style AND advertising). IMHO this is why they are doing all this as the board of directors see the writing on the wall and want to milk this run for all its worth...then use their golden parachute and retire rich. The OTHER thing that is wrong with the US system. :(
Maybe in a parallel universe...
Old June 8, 2012, 07:51 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Apple patent covers wedge-shaped laptops by The Tech Report

Ultrabooks may be next, people.

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old June 8, 2012, 08:29 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by great_big_abyss View Post
I don't think going after the company that makes your processors is a good idea... Although samsung also make their processors and they go after them... I just don't know how many companies apple can piss off before everyone else stops playing nice in the sandbox. I really hope something breaks soon and everyone pushes back and puts Apple in a bad spot.