Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 15, 2012, 02:22 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default NVIDIA Introduces VGX Platform for Virtualized GPU Computing

NVIDIA today unveiled the NVIDIA VGX platform, which enables IT departments to deliver a virtualized desktop with the graphics and GPU computing performance of a PC or workstation to employees using any connected device.

Read more here: NVIDIA Introduces VGX Platform for Virtualized GPU Computing | Hardware Canucks
Old May 15, 2012, 02:56 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I tried doing something like this with an eval copy of windows multipoint server, but couldnt get DirectX applications to run propperly. Could this solution work for lan gaming events?
Old May 15, 2012, 03:36 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibz View Post
I tried doing something like this with an eval copy of windows multipoint server, but couldnt get DirectX applications to run propperly. Could this solution work for lan gaming events?
VGX is GPU based so you'd need to spend thousands on dedicated compute hardware....
Old May 15, 2012, 03:54 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Initially it'll cost thousands but a few years into the technology it may become more affordable no?
Old May 15, 2012, 05:40 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibz View Post
That is likely using RemoteFX? Similar concept I suppose, basically uses the server's GPU to render graphics to remote terminals.

I've played with RemoteFX at home and it does indeed work. DirectX runs, although not smoothly. Could be due to the fact that my server only has a GT210 in it though.