Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 10, 2012, 01:42 PM
News Editor

My System Specs

Default Is Microsoft Locking Out Other Browsers from Windows RT?

Microsoft may be locking out other browsers from Windows RT (Windows on ARM) by withholding crucial APIs from developers, according to accusations from the Mozilla Foundation.

Read more here: Is Microsoft Locking Out Other Browsers from Windows RT? | Hardware Canucks

Follow Hardware Canucks on Twitter:
@hardwarecanucks
Old May 10, 2012, 01:58 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Don't worry, the EU will sue them into changing this.
Old May 10, 2012, 02:11 PM
Hall Of Fame

I just want to add that they are blocking out browsers from using the "classic" interface on the ARM platform. You will still get the Metro interface alternative browsers. Not saying its good its just you wont be noticing it too much on Arm tablets for the most part.

My main argument against Win8 stands with the fact that its a touch interface.