Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 3, 2012, 04:14 PM
News Editor

My System Specs

Default Blackberry World Conference Wrap: RIM Introduces Blackberry 10, Shares Tank

As Research in Motion prepares for what could be its final battle against Apple and Android with Blackberry 10, the company’s stock price has slipped to a level not seen since December 2003 because of mixed reaction to RIM’s offerings at the Blackberry World conference.

Read more here: Blackberry World Conference Wrap: RIM Introduces Blackberry 10, Shares Tank | Hardware Canucks

Follow Hardware Canucks on Twitter:
@hardwarecanucks
Old May 4, 2012, 06:05 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
While those who were at the conference say that CEO Heins had an “infectious enthusiasm” for his company during the entirety of the conference, is his charisma enough for the company to slay the Leviathan of Apple?
Short answer: No.

Long answer: Nope.

Extremely long answer: Nuh uh.

Astronomically long answer: No way in hell.

Hung like a horse long answer: Not in this lifetime.
Old May 4, 2012, 06:30 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Personally, I love the look of the new BB10 OS. Will it be enough to save the company? I don't think so.
Old May 4, 2012, 07:46 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

If the Applonians would demand a product price to be inline with the hardware they buy it would be easy to slay Apple.

I would love to see BBOS crush Android since it is just diabolical in nature. It simply amazes me how readily people are willing to pass up a very secure OS suck as BB's for an OS like Android that works with the US government to collect information for them. Simply astonishing.
Old May 4, 2012, 11:42 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1lk1 View Post
It simply amazes me how readily people are willing to pass up a very secure OS suck as BB's for an OS like Android that works with the US government to collect information for them. Simply astonishing.
Not questioning this, but seeing as I tend to stay out of the cell phone news realm, citation needed.
Old May 4, 2012, 11:56 AM
News Editor

My System Specs

Quote:
It simply amazes me how readily people are willing to pass up a very secure OS suck as BB's for an OS like Android that works with the US government to collect information for them. Simply astonishing.
Prove it.

@hardwarecanucks
Old May 4, 2012, 01:06 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Google and NSA sittin in a tree s-p-y-i-n-g

EDIT: I should preface this with the fact I still use Google Gmail, two Android phones and multiple Android tablets. I have just accepted the fact that there is no way to hide from this and the fact I am not a terrorist makes me unafraid of the US government.

Last edited by b1lk1; May 4, 2012 at 01:16 PM.
Old May 6, 2012, 01:01 AM
Hall Of Fame

Honestly I think BB10 looks amazing. Miles ahead of anything currently on the market. They've evolved WebOS into an even more gesture centirc beautiful ui thats both secure and powerful. And sure they may not have the most populus app store but what they do have isnt bad on the playbook and it does look like they already have qutie a few partners to boost that number even more for when their phones actually launch. Their hardware has also been quite good over the years, even the dev device is a solid piece, not to mention the fact that they will probrably be the only phone maker with a physical keyboard. As more and more of the software is unvieled I expect you non believers to come to my side.

They may have taken their sweet time but they are looking to come out of the gate running when they do, and for those of us that arent iPhanboys or googledroids this sure looks to be good. I really do think this and apollo from Microsoft have real potential to be the future of our handheld devices. Sure apple has amazing hardware but they arent lifting their software weight anymore, and google well android is still a mess looking in from the outside.

And I dont know why everyone thinks RIM is finished, they still have huge amounts of cash, they arent about to be bankrupted, the only fear is that they might be bought out which would be a huge shame.
Old May 6, 2012, 12:33 PM
News Editor

My System Specs

Quote:
Google and NSA sittin in a tree s-p-y-i-n-g

EDIT: I should preface this with the fact I still use Google Gmail, two Android phones and multiple Android tablets. I have just accepted the fact that there is no way to hide from this and the fact I am not a terrorist makes me unafraid of the US government.
So what? NSA Backdoors into software is old, old, news. Remember this?

_NSAKEY - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

@hardwarecanucks
Old May 7, 2012, 07:47 PM
Hall Of Fame

I'm not sure which one really worries me more, the NSA knowing all about me or Google. The NSA is at least government, while Google is a private corp.

Not sure exactly what this has to do with BB10