Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 29, 2012, 11:52 PM
News Editor

My System Specs

Default NVIDIA Announces GeForce Experience Cloud Optimizations

NVIDIA has announced a new initiative called GeForce Experience: a complete cloud server solution which ensures games are pre-optimized to play on your system.

Read more here: NVIDIA Announces GeForce Experience Cloud Optimizations | Hardware Canucks

Follow Hardware Canucks on Twitter:
@hardwarecanucks
Old April 29, 2012, 11:53 PM
News Editor

My System Specs

If this catches on it will be pretty incredible. What do you guys think?

Follow Hardware Canucks on Twitter:
@hardwarecanucks
Old April 30, 2012, 12:26 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

What's the difference between this and having a competent "optimized settings for your computer" option already contained in the software?
Old April 30, 2012, 05:29 AM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukonTrooper View Post
What's the difference between this and having a competent "optimized settings for your computer" option already contained in the software?
Its in the cloud on a supercomputer.... or the best that I saw described at the launch a simple database with a client side to it..... good idea, stupid over the top description of what it does.
Old April 30, 2012, 09:26 AM
Allstar

No thanks. I prefer to keep such things where they belong - on my system.
Old April 30, 2012, 10:05 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
When opening a game for the first time, gamers are usually presented with a daunting array of graphics / video options and finding the right -sometimes elusive- combination of settings to ensure optimal performance on your system can be frustrating.
As a PC user, the last thing I personally want is my graphical options to be limited or automatically set for me. If we wanted lack of options, we would primarily use consoles, or play RAGE for PC. Then again, how many games nowadays have a plethora of graphical settings any ways besides PC exclusives? This seems like a good way for the mass console ports being released, to be overlooked and not criticized. Personally, I think the resources and time, could have been allocated to a better area instead of this.

Old April 30, 2012, 10:39 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Reynolds View Post
If this catches on it will be pretty incredible. What do you guys think?
For this, not really. For the most part gamers are quite capable of tweaking their own systems and given the pletora of different configurations based on Core system and Resolution I don't see how this is an ideal change.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old April 30, 2012, 10:45 AM
F@H

My System Specs

It'll make things simpler for the masses, but little to no use for the enthusiast crowd that hang out here. It would make the starting point of your graphics options closer to optimal resolution/detail, but as an "enthusiast" the first thing I do when I start a new game is adjust the graphics options anyways.
Old April 30, 2012, 10:53 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Under no circumstance does this stop users from tweaking themselves. IMO, it is the perfect solution for someone who just wants to sit down with a new game and play it ASAP.
Old April 30, 2012, 11:05 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I fail to see how it's different to the profiles they build anyway but that said, at least it will always be up-to-date (and cut down on the size of the driver packs?)