Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Press Releases & Tech News (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/press-releases-tech-news/)
-   -   NVIDIA Announces GeForce Experience Cloud Optimizations (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/press-releases-tech-news/53788-nvidia-announces-geforce-experience-cloud-optimizations.html)

Sam_Reynolds April 29, 2012 11:52 PM

NVIDIA Announces GeForce Experience Cloud Optimizations

NVIDIA has announced a new initiative called GeForce Experience: a complete cloud server solution which ensures games are pre-optimized to play on your system.

Read more here: NVIDIA Announces GeForce Experience Cloud Optimizations | Hardware Canucks

Sam_Reynolds April 29, 2012 11:53 PM

If this catches on it will be pretty incredible. What do you guys think?

YukonTrooper April 30, 2012 12:26 AM

What's the difference between this and having a competent "optimized settings for your computer" option already contained in the software?

BlueByte April 30, 2012 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YukonTrooper (Post 625005)
What's the difference between this and having a competent "optimized settings for your computer" option already contained in the software?

Its in the cloud on a supercomputer.... or the best that I saw described at the launch a simple database with a client side to it..... good idea, stupid over the top description of what it does.

NyteOwl April 30, 2012 09:26 AM

No thanks. I prefer to keep such things where they belong - on my system.

Apathetik April 30, 2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

When opening a game for the first time, gamers are usually presented with a daunting array of graphics / video options and finding the right -sometimes elusive- combination of settings to ensure optimal performance on your system can be frustrating.
As a PC user, the last thing I personally want is my graphical options to be limited or automatically set for me. If we wanted lack of options, we would primarily use consoles, or play RAGE for PC. Then again, how many games nowadays have a plethora of graphical settings any ways besides PC exclusives? This seems like a good way for the mass console ports being released, to be overlooked and not criticized. Personally, I think the resources and time, could have been allocated to a better area instead of this.

Soultribunal April 30, 2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam_Reynolds (Post 625002)
If this catches on it will be pretty incredible. What do you guys think?

For this, not really. For the most part gamers are quite capable of tweaking their own systems and given the pletora of different configurations based on Core system and Resolution I don't see how this is an ideal change.

-ST

SugarJ April 30, 2012 10:45 AM

It'll make things simpler for the masses, but little to no use for the enthusiast crowd that hang out here. It would make the starting point of your graphics options closer to optimal resolution/detail, but as an "enthusiast" the first thing I do when I start a new game is adjust the graphics options anyways.

SKYMTL April 30, 2012 10:53 AM

Under no circumstance does this stop users from tweaking themselves. IMO, it is the perfect solution for someone who just wants to sit down with a new game and play it ASAP.

Dzzope April 30, 2012 11:05 AM

I fail to see how it's different to the profiles they build anyway but that said, at least it will always be up-to-date (and cut down on the size of the driver packs?)