Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 26, 2012, 04:44 PM
News Editor

My System Specs

Default Seagate’s Board Approves Share Buyback Plan

Seagate announced Thursday afternoon that its board of directors has authorized a plan to buy back $2.5 billion of the company’s common stock, increasing the company’s total current buyback authorization to $3.5 billion.

Read more here: Seagate’s Board Approves Share Buyback Plan | Hardware Canucks

Follow Hardware Canucks on Twitter:
@hardwarecanucks
Old April 26, 2012, 05:51 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I'm assuming this means seagate intends to continue gouging us for their HDD's even though their supply wasn't effected a whole lot from the floods.
Old April 26, 2012, 06:07 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Its not Seagate - or WD - gouging us. I've TALKED to them and when the MSRP is X and you see the bloody hdd be offered for a LOT more than X....it aint Seagate making a killing. If you want to point fingers you have to look towards more "local" cause of it.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old April 26, 2012, 06:12 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Are their MSRP's listed publicly?
Old April 26, 2012, 06:16 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

When I get a pee-release drive I try to always include a confirmed MSRP. Pretty easy to comp and contrast that number with what you see online. Just remember that the MSRP is in USD so....the cnd MSRP can be slightly higher - or lower - than that number....but it will give you a ball park number...that is HIGHER than what the retailers are getting them for.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old April 26, 2012, 06:50 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
Its not Seagate - or WD - gouging us. I've TALKED to them and when the MSRP is X and you see the bloody hdd be offered for a LOT more than X....it aint Seagate making a killing. If you want to point fingers you have to look towards more "local" cause of it.
I read an article that Seagate marked up their drives 40% and that their CEO said we are lucky it isn't more... I'm currently looking for it but I can't find it... Might have been my imagination or a dream.