Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 19, 2012, 04:08 PM
News Editor

My System Specs

Default AMDís First Quarter Results Beat Expectations

The results from this past quarter could be the first sign that AMDís new CEOís plan of management reorganization and shedding its chip fabrication plants is paying off.

Read more here: AMD’s First Quarter Results Beat Expectations | Hardware Canucks

Follow Hardware Canucks on Twitter:
@hardwarecanucks
Old April 19, 2012, 04:25 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

So minus the global foundries thing they made ~200million?
Old April 19, 2012, 05:58 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJThomp View Post
So minus the global foundries thing they made ~200million?
Keep in mind the massive layoffs they made to make their numbers look better. All they really did was turn a bleeding waterfall into a fountain.
Old April 19, 2012, 06:12 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilya View Post
Keep in mind the massive layoffs they made to make their numbers look better. All they really did was turn a bleeding waterfall into a fountain.
Yeah but if they don't bring those employees back they should still make money. Don't forget both Xbox 720 and PS4 (can't remember the name) are going to be on AMD chipsets and rumour has it they are in production so i wouldn't be surprised to see AMD make a couple hunder million this year.
Old April 20, 2012, 02:23 AM
News Editor

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJThomp View Post
Yeah but if they don't bring those employees back they should still make money. Don't forget both Xbox 720 and PS4 (can't remember the name) are going to be on AMD chipsets and rumour has it they are in production so i wouldn't be surprised to see AMD make a couple hunder million this year.
They are recovering this quarter. You may see them turn a profit next quarter, or the one after.

@hardwarecanucks
Old April 20, 2012, 06:20 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Well a profit is better than nothing, well atleast for AMD's case.
Old April 20, 2012, 06:45 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Good, they really need to stay afloat to keep competition between them and the only other manufacturers out there. Hopefully they can turn things around for themselves moving forward with development and R&D.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old April 20, 2012, 01:52 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

If piledriver delievers they can think of being competitive again. If not, better stick to their APU, and break out that ARM patent....
Old April 20, 2012, 02:01 PM
News Editor

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masteroderus View Post
If piledriver delievers they can think of being competitive again. If not, better stick to their APU, and break out that ARM patent....
Will Rory Read ARM AMD? Maybe. Or maybe not. Does AMD Want MIPS? | Hardware Canucks

@hardwarecanucks
Old April 20, 2012, 02:09 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masteroderus View Post

They should in all honestly do this anyways regardless. Putting everything on PD would be bad.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com