Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 10, 2012, 10:09 AM
News Editor

My System Specs

Default EVGA Introduces the Z77 FTW Motherboard

The perfect combination of features and performance has arrived with the EVGA Z77 FTW motherboard. With 3rd generation Intel Core processor support, full PCI-E 3.0 and 4-Way SLI Support, this motherboard is ready for the future of high performance computing.

Read more here: EVGA Introduces the Z77 FTW Motherboard | Hardware Canucks

Follow Hardware Canucks on Twitter:
@hardwarecanucks
Old April 10, 2012, 10:42 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Time will tell. I really do have hopes up for EVGA to release something really good again and with the same pedigree we are used to.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old April 10, 2012, 11:08 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The first iteration of eVga boards seem to be test runs. I'll wait a bit before jumping on revision 3 or 4. The classified X58 is a prime example of this. Model 759 IIRC was the first revision, you can find tonnes of horror stories about sleep state issues, sound issues and power issues with that board, and subsequent revisions slowly fixed one bug after another. By the time they stopped making x58 boards I think they had 6 boards under the classified brand. It was similar with the 3x and 4x chipsets for s775...
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old April 10, 2012, 11:30 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Having the board ready for launch is a step forward for them. Question is how will the bios be and do they need 6 more months to fix issues.
Old April 10, 2012, 01:43 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldonko View Post
Having the board ready for launch is a step forward for them. Question is how will the bios be and do they need 6 more months to fix issues.
Ha. I got my x58 a couple months after launch. Sold it just before Christmas. It had just been bios updated, and IIRC that was 28 or so at last count.

I guess you can either say its really good they continue to support their products, or you can say its really good they try to fix their broken products?
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old April 10, 2012, 02:46 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Man, im really liking this board. 5 3.0 PCI-X lanes?? Yes please!

But im assuming the way IB works, if your using 3 or more lanes it'll split it up as follows:

- 8x, 4x, 4x
- 4x, 4x, 4x, 4x

This is just my guess from all the z77 mobo's ive seen so far thats planning to use 3 or more cards.
-Swiffy MCP35x X2, (2) Aphacool UT60 480 rad, Heatkiller rev. 3.0, i7 3930k @ 4.6 Ghz, 16 GB G.SKILL F3, Asus Rampage IV Extreme, XFX R9 290 w/ XPSC WB, Crucial M4 128GB & 240 GB Intel 530, (5) 3 TB Toshiba Drive, Corsair AX1200, Win 7 Ult 64-bit

HTPC Rig:
-G3258 @ Stock, Asrock Z97 Pro 4, Gigabyte 270x, 500 GB WD Black, (5) 2 TB WD Green, (1) 3 TB Toshiba HD, (1) 2 TB Samsung F4, Fractal Design R3, Corsair HX620 PS, Win 7 Ult 64-bit
Old April 10, 2012, 03:10 PM
MVP

What is that little port between the sound outputs and the Ethernet Jack?

For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.

When a ladder was stolen from a store the manager said that further steps would be taken
Old April 10, 2012, 04:54 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mena View Post
What is that little port between the sound outputs and the Ethernet Jack?
Possibly Lightpeak/Thunderbolt?
Old April 10, 2012, 05:43 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Didn't they say mini displayport?
Old April 10, 2012, 05:52 PM
F@H

My System Specs

EVGA's site says it has a Firewire 1394A external port. That's the only place I can see it being.

This is an EATX board, same size as the X58 Classifieds.