Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 3, 2012, 09:40 AM
News Editor

My System Specs

Default Samsung: Backlight Bleed is not a Problem

In an interview with Hardware Canucks, a Samsung representative said that backlight bleed and banding is not a problem for the company’s displays when compared to its competitors.

Read more here: Samsung: Backlight Bleed is not a Problem | Hardware Canucks

Follow Hardware Canucks on Twitter:
@hardwarecanucks
Old April 3, 2012, 10:08 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Eh...I'm used to this, it isn't just them. My LG and ASUS both have bleed from LED backlighting. But I don't have money to spend on high end monitors so to me its a non-issue.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old April 3, 2012, 11:09 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

This is what happens when you sacrifice panel quality in order to cram 3D down people's throats.
Old April 3, 2012, 11:13 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

If I had the money, I would much rather spend good money on a high end IPS panel than on a gimmicky 3D. Dell's IPS panel comes to mind. Unfortunately, I can't justify spending $600+ on a monitor, so I'm stuck with my 'crappy' TN panel.

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old April 3, 2012, 11:23 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
This is what happens when you sacrifice panel quality in order to cram 3D down people's throats.
Yeah though the bleed on mine is on 60HZ non-3D monitors.
Out of all the ones I have the best BLacks come from my wifes Dell Ultrasharp (its old) and an HP one.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

Old April 3, 2012, 11:34 AM

I'm referring to TVs here folks. NOT monitors. On monitors it is easy: PVA or one of the non-LED IPS derivatives.

Try to find a non-TN high end HDTV these days. I dare ya.
Old April 3, 2012, 11:40 AM
Allstar

They all have bleed, it's HOW MUCH they bleed and it seems the faster the refresh rate and miore 3D compatible the more they bleed.

Which is why I don't own a 3D compatible TV :) Anyway, my preferred HDTV brand is Sharp.
Old April 3, 2012, 11:44 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
I'm referring to TVs here folks. NOT monitors. On monitors it is easy: PVA or one of the non-LED IPS derivatives.

Try to find a non-TN high end HDTV these days. I dare ya.

Sorry my mistake. I'll never have the funds so I wouldn't know. My TV Is not LED backlit.

-ST

Old April 3, 2012, 12:44 PM

I'll know in a few days if their new TVs have it to. I am due to receive a UN55ES8000 on Thursday.
Old April 3, 2012, 12:46 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

On a separate note:

A few weeks ago a story was posted that Samsung was getting out of the digital panel market in order to focus on OLED. I forget exactly where the story was. Does this mean that they'll stop making Samsung branded displays alltogether? Or will the existing display technology be built by a subcontractor, and still sold branded as Samsung?

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;