Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Press Releases & Tech News (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/press-releases-tech-news/)
-   -   Samsung: Backlight Bleed is not a Problem (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/press-releases-tech-news/52991-samsung-backlight-bleed-not-problem.html)

Sam_Reynolds April 3, 2012 09:40 AM

Samsung: Backlight Bleed is not a Problem

In an interview with Hardware Canucks, a Samsung representative said that backlight bleed and banding is not a problem for the company’s displays when compared to its competitors.

Read more here: Samsung: Backlight Bleed is not a Problem | Hardware Canucks

Soultribunal April 3, 2012 10:08 AM

Eh...I'm used to this, it isn't just them. My LG and ASUS both have bleed from LED backlighting. But I don't have money to spend on high end monitors so to me its a non-issue.

-ST

SKYMTL April 3, 2012 11:09 AM

This is what happens when you sacrifice panel quality in order to cram 3D down people's throats.

great_big_abyss April 3, 2012 11:13 AM

If I had the money, I would much rather spend good money on a high end IPS panel than on a gimmicky 3D. Dell's IPS panel comes to mind. Unfortunately, I can't justify spending $600+ on a monitor, so I'm stuck with my 'crappy' TN panel.

Soultribunal April 3, 2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKYMTL (Post 617452)
This is what happens when you sacrifice panel quality in order to cram 3D down people's throats.

Yeah though the bleed on mine is on 60HZ non-3D monitors.
Out of all the ones I have the best BLacks come from my wifes Dell Ultrasharp (its old) and an HP one.

-ST

SKYMTL April 3, 2012 11:34 AM

I'm referring to TVs here folks. NOT monitors. On monitors it is easy: PVA or one of the non-LED IPS derivatives.

Try to find a non-TN high end HDTV these days. I dare ya.

NyteOwl April 3, 2012 11:40 AM

They all have bleed, it's HOW MUCH they bleed and it seems the faster the refresh rate and miore 3D compatible the more they bleed.

Which is why I don't own a 3D compatible TV :) Anyway, my preferred HDTV brand is Sharp.

Soultribunal April 3, 2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKYMTL (Post 617462)
I'm referring to TVs here folks. NOT monitors. On monitors it is easy: PVA or one of the non-LED IPS derivatives.

Try to find a non-TN high end HDTV these days. I dare ya.

Sorry my mistake. I'll never have the funds so I wouldn't know. My TV Is not LED backlit.

-ST

SKYMTL April 3, 2012 12:44 PM

I'll know in a few days if their new TVs have it to. I am due to receive a UN55ES8000 on Thursday.

great_big_abyss April 3, 2012 12:46 PM

On a separate note:offtopic::

A few weeks ago a story was posted that Samsung was getting out of the digital panel market in order to focus on OLED. I forget exactly where the story was. Does this mean that they'll stop making Samsung branded displays alltogether? Or will the existing display technology be built by a subcontractor, and still sold branded as Samsung?